Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CompTest (BDX Competition Map) White Box
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:00 am 

This renewed enthousiasm for comp maps got me interested to come with a compmap.
Only problem. I'm not a think first than draw it in bsp kind of guy. So I will have a different approach. But I see it as a challenge.

But one question. If the community is so eager on compmaps where are the horde of community comp players supporting this thread ?

Last edited by Drecks on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 am 

Drecks wrote:
But one question. If the community is so eager on compmaps where are the horde of community comp players supporting this thread ?

They're listening.. and when progress is made we will come!

keep things simple, not too crazy, not too many hiding spots, obj areas should be of larger size with 2-3 ways to each, picture Dusk2 and how its made.. something along those lines.. cover is good but in terms of boxes not grass/bushes.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:43 am 

We are listening. Hoping maps like this will reinvigorate the comp community around the same time as the full release.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:17 pm 

Something besides extract would be welcomed. Maybe two objectives like Harbor Assault, or three like Sandstorm.

@Drecks Just make a post much like this one with the work you have and we'll gladly provide feedback. You don't need tons of people to chime in, just a few solid posts. Look how much eKComms posts did for Intercept.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:50 pm 

I think this should be an FLO map personally to give it more opportunities. UMM BDX maps simply never get played. The concept should be a map that is good enough for both public and matches for it to succeed as the only servers that will ever host UMM's are public servers.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:32 pm 

How about a Sandstorm style object from AA2? Assault vs Assault, 3 objectives. Opens up competition play to a wide variety of strategies.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
I think this should be an FLO map personally to give it more opportunities. UMM BDX maps simply never get played. The concept should be a map that is good enough for both public and matches for it to succeed as the only servers that will ever host UMM's are public servers.

there are hundreds of FLO maps out there how often are they played? never.. give the comp community an above average BDX map and it will be played.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:49 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

there are hundreds of FLO maps out there how often are they played? never.. give the comp community an above average BDX map and it will be played.

FLO vs BDX designation doesn't mean that much IMO, just how many spawns there are.

Inner Hosp & Harbor are both FLOs in competition rotations. In terms of area actually used for firefights, Downtown isn't really that much larger than Shadowstep.

Meh. End of the day, a well-designed 5v5 map for comp plays well enough for casual LOTS v LOTS. May as well give the map the spawns to allow it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:48 pm 

If its a BDX most of the few UMM servers we have won't use it because most of their maps are 12 v 12 and the suddenly this in the rotation will kick out half the server. Like BC said inner does it fine so there is no problem playing comp in it.... BDX is a waste of time.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm 

no point in making BDX in the editor.. might as well do FLO and cater to everyone. small maps can play well with lots of players, depends how you lay it out.. which is why most small maps use elevations to give more play space and add dynamic tactics to a small space.

i would have thrown a washing machine at the bottom so nobody could get up, then you still get to keep the overall 'look' and design of the map, thats why i think this mall is not a lost cause you got there wolvie.. if you move in a different direction and go with something new.. keep the mall map and see your vision for it realized.. it might blow us away, dont waste it. i guess i just seen the shell, now i want to see the butcher shop (if the mall intends to have one?) we aint even taked about what kinda things we can buy! sod the bullets :lol:

to be fair, its hard to see and feel a map when your surrounded by BSP plains it literally makes it feel a lot more cramped than it actually is :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion