Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rating User Made Maps
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:13 am 
AACM
AACM

Please make sure to rate a map with a "Thumbs Up" or hopefully not a "Thumbs Down" when you look at them in the Steam Workshop or in the Game Launcher > Editor > Manage.

Its really important that if you like a map you let others know or some really great maps will end up sinking down in the depths of page 2-10 in the Workshop.

It only takes a few seconds to rate a map and it will mean that hard working mappers get the attention their maps deserve.

Cheers

Pat

Post subject: Re: Rating User Made Maps
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 am 

I ll make sur all my clan members do this :) !
It is very important to do it for the map makers ... But I think the system is not very well implemented ! We should be able to vote for the map when we re playing it for exemple !
When you join a server on a map you never played, you subscribe before joining, then when you re playing if you like it you should be able to press a button on the score screen or something like that "I like this Map" "I don't like this map" ... This would be much more user friendly and much more effective !
Also, when a server switched to a map you don't have ... It should download the map and then reconnect you to the server automatically !

This is just my two cents but I think these improvement could make map making even more rewarding ... Because now You have either to open the workshop website or go in a part of the launcher that nobody uses to vote ... It doesn't help people to vote easily for their map when they think "Wow this map is so great, I want to thank the MapMaker and make It well known !" !

There you go :P !

- [ Join our server - SSHD, 120 Ticks, Extremely low ping ] -

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 am 
AACM
AACM

I don't disagree, just keep in mind this is the first iteration of the whole process, we are learning as we go along.

I would point out that while not entirely user friendly, you can vote a map in the Game Launcher by going to Editor > Manage and selecting the Up or Down arrows to cast your vote.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:51 am 

Of course I know this is only the first version of all of this. And to be honest, I am very satisfied with the system. It only needs a few tweaks and new feature but nothing major !

Just wanted to point out some of the improvements I thought would be a nice addition to what's already in place ;) !

Since I am no beta tester, If I can add my point of view somewhere, I do so :D ! I have nowhere else to say this since It is not a bug ;) !

- [ Join our server - SSHD, 120 Ticks, Extremely low ping ] -

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:32 pm 

How do you play these player created maps?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 pm 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

PopDrop&Mop wrote:
How do you play these player created maps?

subscribe to the map and find a server playing them.
or just join the server

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:17 am 

people who actually play UMMs should really be rating maps to help others find the best ones to play, it helps everyone not only find servers with players.. but mappers get there awesome maps exposed to people in the workshop better. its very easy for a really good map to get lost in the sea of maps already in the workshop. without help, that map may not get the recognition it deserves. try not to make rating based purely from screenshots, or forum posts, try the map!

dont be afraid to give positive or if the case.. not so positive ratings, also try to help by providing feedback, no matter how little, theres nothing a map maker likes more than people to find stuff wrong with their map so they can fix it.. making it even better! give encouragement and praise where its due and most of all give UMMs a fighting chance, it only takes a few people to get a server thriving with players.. its that easy, you could be enjoying AAPG in a new environ! therefore expanding the game with more variety and overall giving you a more enjoyful gaming experience.

pls help support user made maps!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:32 pm 

Personally, any map that's not been updated should be removed from SWS. This is becoming big problem now.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:49 pm 

Can't we have a Cooked? Yes Or No and the version it was made with and the current version here?

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:48 pm 

Yeah that would help a lot. At least you'd know if a map that's been cooked was updated with latest patch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion