Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tip : Posting your map to the Workshop.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am 
AACM
AACM

This is just a suggestion and not the Eleventh Commandment "Thou shalt not post sucky maps to the Workshop" but you all may want to consider waiting to post your map until you are ready for the community to judge it.

We are all super impressed with the way you have all taken to Map Editing like fish to water but I am slightly concerned that some of your maps may not get the credit and exposure that they deserve if you post them too soon.

You should really only consider posting a map to the public if you are ready for people to play it or at least give you feedback on what they think.

Posting an empty space with a sandbag in the middle may get you some feedback that would be less than constructive :)

Good screenshots are also very important. They are the communities window in to your map. A set of good screenshots will let people see what sort of map you have designed and gives you the opportunity to present your map how you want it to be seen.

This combined with a relevant description will go a long way to making your map popular and getting people to play it...and even possibly getting it hosted on the Officials too!

Post subject: Re: Tip : Posting your map to the Workshop.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am 

Too true Gangsta!

Can't we vote the maps down if they are stupid and/or we don't like them?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am 

after you DL the map you have two arrows, one up one down, thats the voting system I believe.. and yes I have used both up and down keys.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm 

This is just my opinion of course but unless your map is an actual remake of the original map I'd suggest not to use the original's name. People will just download it looking for that map, be disappointed and simply "thumbs down" the map. Just a suggestion. It's better to make a new map than a bad version of an old map.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm 
Developer
Developer

Even adding into your description some info that it's WIP, or not finished, or not exactly like the original, or whatever - along with some extra screenshots - helps.

And don't despair if your map gets lost in the shuffle before it hits it's prime. You can always rename it and submit it like new to be judged in a final state :D

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:01 am 

[Dev]Doc wrote:
Even adding into your description some info that it's WIP, or not finished, or not exactly like the original, or whatever - along with some extra screenshots - helps.

And don't despair if your map gets lost in the shuffle before it hits it's prime. You can always rename it and submit it like new to be judged in a final state :D

Best place to advertise for your map ?

Forum ! And as I said it before ... Clearly add a [WIP] tga or something to your topic so we know it s not final and to be judged as a final map !

- [ Join our server - SSHD, 120 Ticks, Extremely low ping ] -

Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm 
AACM
AACM

I'm just going to add a tip to this tip which I had hoped I wouldn't have to....

Think carefully before naming your map! We review all maps in the workshop both to make sure there is nothing offensive but also to give your map consideration for inclusion on the Official Servers.

If you name your map inappropriately it will be removed

A good rule of thumb is, if you know using a word will get you a warning in here don't use it in your map name. It would be a shame to go through all that work and have it wasted.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 pm 

I agree.Thats why i will lead my map to minimum perfection before i will click publish.But there is other way to publish my map please?Becose i am working in Advanced only and when i try to run map from Basic he crash.I removed my map from folder and Basic run again but how to publish my map now?
Any ideas?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:29 pm 

You dont appear to be able to publish from the advanced editor. I had similar problems with last map I made.

Dev documentation recomends starting in basic then move to advanced. This is what I had to do. There are pre configured settings that affect the map. I don't know exactly what they are but without them it fails.

We are a Military orientated Clan.
ARMA 2 OA - ARMA 3 - America Army Proving Grounds.

My Steam Workshop

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion