Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your point of view on rules?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:19 pm 

BCPull wrote:
Don't reinvent the wheel, work off of what established ESL rules look like. It'll make sure edge cases don't get missed and cover all the bases.

http://gfx.esl.eu/media/eu/csgo/eslone/ ... lebook.pdf

Quote:
6.3.1 Configuration / Startparameters
The following commands are forbidden:
 mat_hdr_enabled
The following startparameters are forbidden:
 +mat_hdr_enabled 0/1
 +mat_hdr_leven 0/1/2
All other configuration changes are allowed as long as they do not give an unfair edge or advantage comparable to cheating. A player may be penalized for wrong settings in any config file, regardless if it is in use, or even stored in the game folder in question.

Quote:
6.5 Use of Bugs and Glitches
The intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game are penalized with six (6) minor penalty points per incident, up to a maximum of eighteen (18) minor penalty points per match. Furthermore, it is up to the admins discretion whether or not the use of said bugs had an effect on the match, and whether or not he will award rounds, or the match to the opposing team, or to force a rematch. In extreme cases, the penalty for abusing bugs may be even higher.
The usage of the following bugs is strictly forbidden, if any bug is used which is not listed here it is up to the admins discretion whether or not a punishment is necessary. (...)

There is currently now full ruleset for ESL. And that's something I would like to see changed as one of the first things I do at ESL.

The only rules atm is the "general rules" (account, team, what happens if caught, etc.) But there is nothing game specific. Nor is there somewhere stated: You have X mins to show up before Forfeit.

Hence I would like to hear your opinion to have the best ruleset possible.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:31 pm 

[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:
We have made a change that will be out with the full release that prevents multiple binds on fire and sight... You can put them in the .ini file, but they will be ignored in game.

Hooah thank you.

My Maps
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... shopfiles/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:38 pm 

-SD-DELTON wrote:
Quote:
1) What is your stance on INI enhancement. How much tweaking, is too much tweaking. For instance, what is the opinion of people binding "Enemy Spotted" on the fire key? And should there be written specifically what is allowed and what isn't? How about macros?

Quote:
2) Bugs such as the "nade bug" - which makes people running with nades. Is that something that should explicitly be written down. Or would you reckon people are smart enough to know, that what they are doing is forbidden?

Quote:
3) Map exploits, there is spots I believe that should not be accessible on certain maps, but can be. An example would be (pre-patch) that you could pixel walk in Inner Hospital on the left wall in Gallery, coming from the Defense Spawn. Others I've seen, but could not duplicate is players crouching whilst their lower torso was "under the map".

1.No tweaking ini files at all.
2.No bug using of any kind.
3.No using Map exploits of any kind.

Just my opinion.

+1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:44 pm 

_Xingu_ wrote:
-SD-DELTON wrote:
Quote:
1) What is your stance on INI enhancement. How much tweaking, is too much tweaking. For instance, what is the opinion of people binding "Enemy Spotted" on the fire key? And should there be written specifically what is allowed and what isn't? How about macros?

Quote:
2) Bugs such as the "nade bug" - which makes people running with nades. Is that something that should explicitly be written down. Or would you reckon people are smart enough to know, that what they are doing is forbidden?

Quote:
3) Map exploits, there is spots I believe that should not be accessible on certain maps, but can be. An example would be (pre-patch) that you could pixel walk in Inner Hospital on the left wall in Gallery, coming from the Defense Spawn. Others I've seen, but could not duplicate is players crouching whilst their lower torso was "under the map".

1.No tweaking ini files at all.
2.No bug using of any kind.
3.No using Map exploits of any kind.

Just my opinion.

+1

That won't get us anywhere

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:14 pm 
Developer
Developer

correction, the change will be going out in a patch on 4/9 (tomorrow)... Why won't it fix the recoil?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:15 pm 

[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:
correction, the change will be going out in a patch on 4/9 (tomorrow)... Why won't it fix the recoil?

PM sent

Contact Me:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 am 

[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:

Based on your previous post about how the fix works and what I mentioned to frigid I have already found a couple ways around this. I think for the most part the current fix will be a big step in the right direction.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 am 

Vortex^ wrote:
[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:

Based on your previous post about how the fix works and what I mentioned to frigid I have already found a couple ways around this. I think for the most part the current fix will be a big step in the right direction.

I think you should stop being so good at this, lol just stop while you're ahead.

Contact Me:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:46 am 

Philippovich wrote:
Hey guys,

I want to make sure that we get all the feedback needed for decent complete ruleset at ESL. You see there is a lot of unwritten bugs, dos and don'ts and I would love to have it all written down in one nice ruleset that we can uphold for future cups/tournament/seasons.

Here are 3 points I would like to have your point of view on:

Have I missed something? What is the most frustrating thing that the current rules in any competition are not taking in to consideration?
My opinion:

1) performance, ok, double action binds have never been allowed. it gives an advantage over people with 5 fingers. Having 6 fingers in real life is allowed.

2) All exploits, done on purpose to gain an advantage, were not made to be done that way, people in competition get called out for it, especially the quicksnipes in a row and no reload of m24 is an exploit and should not be used. Use common sense. The only way a common sense-exploit can be used if it's explicitly put in the rules that it is allowed. If it's not stated in the rules, and common sense can say it's an exploit, then it is.

3) Walking on thin lines etc is not really an exploit, more of map design flaw. Unless you can get under the map, it will give no other advantage as a quick surprise for one round.
Looking through walls is something that is an exploit to gain an unfair advantage.

That's how I see it.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 am 

[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:
We have made a change that will be out with the full release that prevents multiple binds on fire and sight... You can put them in the .ini file, but they will be ignored in game.

Does this limit keys to just fire or just sight and NOTHING else? Or is it limiting multiple actions with fire?

For example, would someone who wants to adjust their sensitivity while ADS be able to still do that?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion