Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: -- CEVO considering AAPG --
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:37 am 

There is no way this game is ready for a platform like Cevo. The game isn't even comp friendly and we are still hiding under the beta name. IoG will not be partaking in Cevo even if this miracle happens please remove us from the list.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:11 pm 

Hyperlite wrote:
There is no way this game is ready for a platform like Cevo. The game isn't even comp friendly and we are still hiding under the beta name. IoG will not be partaking in Cevo even if this miracle happens please remove us from the list.

So don't do anything with the game and wait another year so we can have demorecs and tourney mode? By the time that happens this game will have even less players and a less chance at success. I understand your thinking in the game and community isn't ready for cevo and could barley field enough teams but the game isn't going forward it's losing players and it's community base already and demorec and tourney mode aren't going to bring more players magically.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:20 pm 

I just think this game would have more of a competitive chance if cevo or ESL were to pick the game up right now and get advertisement/publicity from those sites so people will see hey cevo picked that game up [TOS Violation] it ill try it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:25 pm 

12ozhazealus wrote:
the game isn't going forward it's losing players and it's community base

http://steamcharts.com/app/203290#1y

The trend has reversed itself in the past few months. However, SteamCharts doesn't tell the full story. [Dev]TheTots told us recently that new registrations are way up.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:53 pm 

I personally have noticed a rather large influx of lvl 1's to lvl 5's.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm 

i would say 1 of those 20 new registrations are going to end up playing competitively. That was my point about the advertisement with cevo picking it up, People who play comp in games are the people seeing it so if they do download it they will be looking to play/matches/scrims from the start.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 pm 

iNv has been making a push to teach new teams some of what we know in order to keep their spirits up. I have offered Slappage Package pointers, and also offered to play with them if they want to learn more. This goes to any other team. I am more than willing to help you if you're willing to listen and rid of your old habits.

We are also making a push to teach new players. We have DragonEyez playing for us, he is learning quite a bit from where he used to be. He wan't bad when he joined, but we saw he had potential.

We have recently taken in an app from a SOURCE player. He has the idea of the game down, just need to learn spots, call outs, and the tools to succeed in the game. Tools such as: a decent headphones, a sound card and knowledge of maps. He is only a level 5.

I think more teams need to start teaching the new players. Poiinting out mistakes and giving constructive criticism. It may sound like AAPG is my life but it isn't. I know how hard it is to get good in this game when all you do is play with mediocre players, and the big players don't give you a chance at gold. Therefore you have to make your way into among them somehow. Which is difficult and takes too much time.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 pm 

Hyperlite wrote:

HooaH

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 pm 

12ozhazealus wrote:
Hyperlite wrote:

So don't do anything with the game and wait another year so we can have demorecs and tourney mode? By the time that happens this game will have even less players and a less chance at success. I understand your thinking in the game and community isn't ready for cevo and could barley field enough teams but the game isn't going forward it's losing players and it's community base already and demorec and tourney mode aren't going to bring more players magically.

Demo and tourney mode are just the beginning. There are so many other issues. Most of which i don't care to get into because not everyone knows and I don't care enough to share. But tbh I really don't think this game or any game for that matter could be considered by a major online gaming site while it hides under the beta name.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm 

Hyperlite wrote:
But tbh I really don't think this game or any game for that matter could be considered by a major online gaming site while it hides under the beta name.

disclaimer - i dont play comp.. not since the early 00's anyways, you can tell me to keep my nose out if you'd like, i wont report anyone who finds it fit to abuse me for having a say where its likely not warranted :lol:

but..

the quote above rings out to me for common sense, why have serious, potentially monetary based competitions on an unfinished game?

i would have thought that it would cause more harm than good, teams blaming 'beta' or rather 'unfinished game related shortcomings' on their losses, hitreg.. netcode.. bugs etc..

in my eyes theres just sooo much potential for too many excuses to void the whole thing, ya know?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion