Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: -- CEVO considering AAPG --
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:19 pm 

SURVEY (IMPORTANT) --
North America: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MZH66M6
Europe: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MTQ5X2K

Hey, CEVO League is possibly coming to AAPG. It houses the famous, invasive CMN Anti-Cheat client. Moreover, we now have competition CVAR checks working in AAPG, too.

In CEVO, there would be Free to Play and Pay to Play, the latter of which would include a Prize Pot. There would be different divisions -- Open and Invite. Teams that are new to competing would play in the Open division, and competitive teams would play in Invite. This would even out the skill level and offer a good chance for all teams to compete fairly and win. Teams can advance into the Invite division after performing well in the previous Open season. The main goal is to ensure balanced game play.

Open and Invite will both have Pay to Play structure, and both will have a prize pot. Over the years, CEVO's proprietary, shadowy AC Client ("CMN") has even been called "too invasive" and has caught many hackers; it's one of the best anti-cheat clients in Online Gaming.

The pay-to-play scenario not only works as a way to enhance competition with an ultimate winning prize pot, but also as a deterrent for potential cheaters who wouldn't want to waste money getting caught by CMN. For those of you who remember CEVO in America's Army 2, you'd remember that it was fair and hack-free. In the first season in AA2, someone did tempt their fate by cheating on the client and was promptly caught.

Additionally, if you go against a team of whom you're suspicious, you'd not only have the benefit of CMN, but you can also request to have a CEVO Admin spectate the match and monitor things in real-time.

Regarding international competition, we've already seen interest in CEVO from the EU side, so it would be a similar structure, Open and Invite (pay-to-play with prize pot), along with the free-to-play single division there, as well. South-American teams, please inform me of your interest to participate, too. We would need admins for these different regions, so also mention this if, and when, you email me regarding your interest in CEVO-AAPG.

More details will soon come on the Buy-ins and Prize pot information (pertaining to structure and numbers), but generally, it wouldn't be anything steep at all. Right now, we're assessing the level of interest.

Lastly, CEVO is a popular and reputable league; it would bring attention to the game, which is something all of us would be happy with. We would have Match of the Week (MOTW) video casts, which are always fun; and because it would be CEVO, we'd be able to have it casted via their media portals, which further promotes the game and your skills.

Is your team interested in CEVO? Please fill out the appropriate survey:
North America: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MZH66M6
Europe: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MTQ5X2K

Last edited by jking on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: -- CEVO considering AAPG --
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:45 pm 

instruments of god is interested in CEVO and would return to competition if they were to pick up this game.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:55 pm 

I enjoyed CEVO back in AA2 & would love to see it pick up AA again.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:22 pm 

Yes please!

I also think open/invite would do wonders for the community.

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 am 

jeee wrote:
Yes please!

I also think open/invite would do wonders for the community.

Not only that the Anti cheat and cvar checks is awesome. Muradovich will have to delete his configs. ha.

Oh kill em oooh kill em

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:42 am 

lol

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 am 

Lucky13 would definitely join both the pay to play and free to play competition.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 am 

Great initiative

And I can only assume that a lot of teams would join, both EU and NA.

What is the time horizon on this? And how many teams do you need to go live with it?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 am 

Philippovich wrote:
Great initiative

And I can only assume that a lot of teams would join, both EU and NA.

What is the time horizon on this? And how many teams do you need to go live with it?

I have not been given time deadlines on this, which I believe is a good thing. We'd want to get as many teams as possible. So far, people seem excited about it from the responses on Steam. Does anyone know of a central headquarters where I could find all the clans in the game? There are lots of teams in pubs all the time, and I'd like to reach all of them without having to go in there while they're pubbing.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am 

Is it EU or NA, depending on amount of signups?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion