Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWL
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 pm 

mikey.. wrote:
RIP TWL

-C@jun- wrote:
RIP TWL

Attitudes like this typify the failure of competitive PC gaming. The site actually looks decent. Yes, its a paid service this go 'round but, I don't see how else you can expect things like a decent AC / prizes for leagues. I'd be willing to pay provided the concerns raised by BCPull are addressed. I mean jeeeesus... its ONE DOLLAR A MONTH.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm 

I'm here but there isn't much to say. Rampage explained pretty much what happened. Seems kinda dumb that there was no redundancy.
The comp scene has been annihilated with the lack of features for us and the priorities of things being released. The new site has been a work in progress for some time. I have seen very little of what the new site can do. IMO what's the rush?

I am just an admin on the site and lack access to all the important stuff behind the scenes. I have no idea when the site will do a soft launch. From what I have heard there are a few people that work on the site but they do it when they have time. The things that separated the old TWL site from a lot of the other sites was that it was so damn easy to use and navigate thru. The way match comms was setup was genius.

The new site is completely different. It looks a lot nicer and has some nice additions to it. I don't know how easy match information will be available from the home page because the site wasn't that far along. Personally, I think I'm going to miss the old site. The simplicity for players to find things was fairly easy. The admin panel was very easy to navigate and create leagues/matches.

I'm pretty sure there will not be ladders anymore

And I've heard that there will be a free league and a pay league. The pay league will have prizes.

All this info is not completely confirmed yet so don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure that is the direction the new TWL is headed.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm 

Well it isnt free if we are paying a dollar a month now is it?!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:29 pm 

There was a post somewhere in the forums from a site admin that made it sound like that fee is for access to *private* forums etc; general forums etc would be free with ads.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:37 pm 

Thats cute i just want to be able to edit my own post. Lets work on that in the forums then we can work out paying for anything. The old site should not have been taken down until this was 80%. Got it something happened with the server but dayummmm.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 pm 

iColts wrote:
revert- wrote:
well, they just lost 90% of the small community that was left. I'd understand if there we're prizes to be won.. but there isn't. this is a spit in the face

Actually the new twl is supposed to have cash prizes

I did not know this, if the prizes are worth it, then maybe, but I really can't see the prizes being all that great for this game unfortunately.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 am 

ATM, the site seems empty of any feature that it HAS to feature !
TWL without match / ladder / tournament ?
It s like a burger without meat, sauce, salad, tomatoes ... Useless xD !
And as far as I know this is the first site that requires players to pay something to use their infrastructure and THIS is not a good way to go at all IMO ... Even if there are cash prizes and stuff ... Cash prizes has to be featured by sponsors and so on ... not by players !

- [ Join our server - SSHD, 120 Ticks, Extremely low ping ] -

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:13 pm 

Give the web devs a chance here guys. If you think you can do better, than by all means, have at it.

That being said, any developer of a site that is not utilizing multiple frequent backups is lost.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:52 pm 

At the moment there is no need to pay at TWL, here is an official statement:
http://www.teamwarfare.com/membership-on-site/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:14 pm 

http://teamwarfare.com/

I sincerely hope TWL gets back on track. It meant so much for AA in the past... GL to the new (old) team.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » Competition Discussion