Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 92
Ak4fire wrote:
You can never make everyone happy

Agree with you 100% on this.

Ak4fire wrote:
but you have to learn to take criticism and make something good out of it. Now you close the door directly one comes with criticism. You just want to listen to those who share the same opinion as you have. Like you have say before

"We do respect users opinions but only When we ask for them"


You don’t care what other ppl want in game or not. If you can’t handle criticism you should close you’re forum.

We take suggestions, gladly. We like to hear what the users want, that's why we have polls. But blatant hate towards our work is not something we appreciate. Can't you understand that? There's a few people that come in and ONLY complain after each and every thing we do. The only situation in which that is acceptable is if that person also has a solution otherwise, they're just being jerky which gets us nowhere. Most people that complain don't understand the hard work or the coding required to do what we've done.

Ak4fire wrote:
That it would be more now than before is a lie. How do you explain that there are less players now than 6-8 months ago? I have asked for statistics before but you have not been able to show any. How can you say that it has increased the number of players? Even on the forum so people ask what you are doing about it. Your only excuse is

"To be honest though, there's more players than there used to be on 2.5 before auth shutdown."

Look 6-8 months backwards instead. The number of players has decreased, but you do not want to admit it.

I don't have graphs going back that far (but I am working to implement them). Fact is though, I have worked with the graph stats enough to know that we broke 250 players a couple of times when Assist's new Authorization servers were implemented then it went downhill with the mods and now it is back up to a reasonable amount. No, it's not the highest it's ever been but it's as much if not more than it was when mods were enabled. Getting rid of mods didn't cause us to lose a ton of players like everybody predicted.

Ak4fire wrote:
2 lists is not hard to fix for you and then you still have ppl on AA2.5. Now you make them leave to other games. I can not see any profit in it.

This goes back to knowing about our work and the efforts required to make changes. Tell me, have you rebuilt Assist with dual server lists? Do you know what's required? I bet you don't so you can't say "is not hard to fix". It all doesn't matter anyway. Mods are optional now and disable tracking. They won't be tracked again. You can use them, we didn't totally abolish them (which we should have). We listened to the users and wanted to compromise.

Ak4fire wrote:
You have already modified a lot that is not in line with what the Devs were doing or what was their focus. With two lists both with honor, you can maintain a classic and a modified map. Now you are inside and destroy the original with your "improvements"

Care to explain? How is adding the SAI and ACU from 2.8.5 destroying the original game? It IS the original game... Mods destroyed the original game. Perhaps you're talking about the silly maps like Yeti's Lair, PBall and Pool Day. I vote to get rid of those and we probably will in the near future. Assist is a constant work in progress.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Czervenia
for the sheer amount of 'bring back AA2' going on in these forums, and has done since the official plug was pulled.. i cannot understand why anyone is even playing any of the new versions? what the hell?

so yeah, your AA should be brimming with players. if its not, you should be asking yourselves why its not, especially when so many people have demanded for it.

real head scratcher to me.

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 92
I think there's a lot of people that might play 2.5 again and find that only a few maps are whored or that they're not as good as they used to be and ragequit or simply find that the classic times can never be brought back. We all have fond memories of playing this game years ago but we won't ever have those again because the environment, players and scene are gone.

I'm not saying people don't enjoy 2.5. I'm just saying that it takes a certain individual to keep playing. We're trying to appeal to the masses and it's hard but we have more players now on 2.5 than there was when auth was working. That might just be because most of those people were on 2.8.5 but still, strictly talking about 2.5, there's more now

On a somewhat related note, I've just finished building the backend code to collect player counts at various intervals. Starting today, we will be able to chart the rise/decline of the playerbase. For now, the charts are sitting here:
http://aao25.com/stats/history_all_graph.php (the flat lines are dummy data)
That may change in the future. We throwing the idea of building a whole new site and a few other features so if that happens, the graphs will be moved and permanently implemented into the new site.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 32
I don't get why some people get angry over a video game. When it comes to video games I never get mad because if I don't like one game there is always next one I might like to play.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:00 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: Ontario, Canada
This might be my first post in quite a while but....

It seems to me that if you have an idea that you want to see implemented, and no one is doing it, maybe that's a signal it's time to go make your own game and have people decide if THEY like it...

Having what you're convinced is a good argument is really nothing more than........a good argument. It's not a product or a service or a useful thing that people will want.

Complaining about what others do when you won't do it yourself is pretty lame.

Go do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:15 pm
Posts: 258
uni-sol wrote:
for the sheer amount of 'bring back AA2' going on in these forums, and has done since the official plug was pulled.. i cannot understand why anyone is even playing any of the new versions? what the hell?

so yeah, your AA should be brimming with players. if its not, you should be asking yourselves why its not, especially when so many people have demanded for it.

real head scratcher to me.


I can tell you, along with 1000's others that left the game. The reason the game died is because the patches changed the gameplay and killed it. So the people saying bring back early AA aren't generally talking 2.xx anything. 2.4 was literally the patch that killed the game. So anything 2.4 and after would be a joke to most.

2.3 was the last "decent" version of the game. We still scrim 2.5 assist from time to time, but the game was in a huge decline the time frame they chose to cover. I understand some linux support came with 2.5 amongst other things for making the choice to use 2.5 more logical, but the reality of it is 2.4 and beyond are terrible (if you want to compare to when the early game was good). But the biggest thing is it is too little too late.

Just look at the old archived forums on 2.4. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't 50,000 posts / threads of pure displease, rage, and people quitting the game. I know I made a few. From then on out it was only a matter of time before the game died. It went from a 100% skill game where assault / defense sides on maps were very even because of the character movements, the non-nuclear flashbangs, the guns that didn't drop when you fell, etc.etc., to a camp fest stare at walls with a flash pulled game. What they had in the beginning was truly epic. What they turned it into completely changed the game play and how it was played. A very bad mistake on the part of the devs, and one in which everyone and their buddy told them about as well. They didn't care.

So to answer your question, 2.5 isn't exactly very appealing to most old AA players because that's one of the worst versions of the game ever made.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Czervenia
im not the legendary 'jonny 5' (is alive)

Image

but thanks for the input.

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 92
TAG_Master, if there's things you'd like to have changed about 2.5 and perhaps can rally some people to vote, we'd gladly listen. Personally, I started playing on 2.3, skipped 2.4 (because 2.6 was the current version when I started playing, got an old CD in the mail) and from then I played 2.5 and 2.6. I really didn't notice much difference from 2.3 to 2.5 but to be fair, there was a big gap between the two for me and I haven't played long sessions like I did in 2.3.

Anyway, we chose 2.5 because it's the newest version with Mac & Linux support, we can code UScript for it and we can import assets for it. Older versions are possible as well, we just wanted to get as close to 2.8 as possible.

Again, if you think we can increase the player base by going back to 2.3 then get a vote going, get some discussion going. We're here to bring back the classic days and ultimately, we want as many users as possible.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 17
We once discussed using 2.3 but the modding tools that we have for 2.5 were not available for 2.3.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 am
Posts: 5
Mods were not all bad, I used to enjoy playing SF modded insurgent camp, remember [TOS Violation] Kickers inc? always sf mod.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron