Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 92
For a long time now, Assist (the program which allows people to play America's Army 2.5 just as they remember) has allowed mods that severely affect gameplay in a negative manner. Mods like pick-a-weapon and ultimate mod often unbalanced and changed tactics on maps we all enjoyed.

NO MORE!

Assist now disables honor and tracking on servers running 'unauthorized' mods. Assist comes with some mods such as chat logger, map voter and manual forceclass scripts but others are not allowed. Don't get me wrong, some mods are fun at the right place and time but AA2 didn't gain popularity because of those mods (heck, they didn't even exist then!).

This step forward was to discourage current players from using mods on servers and ruining the classic gameplay we all remember and enjoyed. Mods can still be used (you won't get blacklisted or banned for them) but your server and the players on it will not receive honor and BattleTracker tracking.

From all of us at AAO25.com, we're sorry that it took this long to realize the playerbase decline and do something about it. We hope this is the right choice and might possibly bring back those that remember AA the way it used to be.

Download links:
Windows - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aa25ass ... p/download
Mac (Intel/PowerPC) - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aa25ass ... z/download
Linux - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aa25ass ... p/download

For discussion about this decision, please visit www.AAO25.com. Thank you.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:00 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Alabama 3
Much apreciated! Ty

_________________
Killjoy^ was here!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am
Posts: 565
Location: Netherlands
Very well done :)

_________________
SNLSTB.Bart^
Super inexperienced player Lynux Special Tweaks Bro!
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 17
Look like it was a good move, we are already seeing more players on AA2 now.
http://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/aa25assist/screenshots/assist_windows.png


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 am
Posts: 4
unbelievable.It's really super. It's good.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 9
Thats good to hear, now the only thing missing is the whole AA25assist website to look exactly like the old aaotracker with tracker included. Think about how much time we all spent there back in the day. It had a download page, a tracker page etc. It looked awesome. In order for AA to be like the good old times, we got to bring back that old beautiful website. Battletracker is just a huge dissapointment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:18 am
Posts: 5
-Spanky- wrote:
For a long time now, Assist (the program which allows people to play America's Army 2.5 just as they remember) has allowed mods that severely affect gameplay in a negative manner. Mods like pick-a-weapon and ultimate mod often unbalanced and changed tactics on maps we all enjoyed.

For discussion about this decision, please visit http://www.AAO25.com. Thank you.


LOL..... when you get some criticism you lock the thread directly. You do not want to discuss things at all. You still did not answer any of my questions. You just want yes-men around you. AAO25 is just a mutual admiration club. And about MOD so it would be better to have two lists both with honor. One with MOD and one without MOD. As you can see directly what people appreciate more. Then you can choose which you want to play on. But you thought it threatened your approach to the game so thats why you take away MOD. AAO25 is alive only by artificial respiration because of wrong decisions. The only thing that you've fixed is to drive AAO25 against death.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 92
Haha, when we get players blatantly hating our work, we kinda take it personally. Wouldn't you? I mean, try investing hundreds if not thousands of hours into something while not being paid just to have someone say "you [TOS Violation] up" or "undo it, I don't like it".

Fact is, there are more players now playing without mods than there were playing with. We know our audience and we know the history of AA. We also try to stay in line with what the original devs have created, not run off and create an unrealistic fork of AA that gets rid of the values and integrity that were purposefully built into the game.

If we had made 2 lists (it would have taken a lot of work both on the Assist server and in the client just to "see" which router is better) then it would only serve to further divide the community, just like those deciding to play 2.8.5.

We're all here for the same purpose but because we're the ones actively developing the game, we get [TOS Violation] thrown at us for making ANY kind of change, even if it's one the majority of people voted for. If you hate us for wanting to make this game better and keep it in tune with what the original devs created then I guess you'll continue hating us because that's what we are going to do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:55 am
Posts: 336
Location: Kingsford, MI USA
-Spanky- wrote:
We know our audience and we know the history of AA. We also try to stay in line with what the original devs have created, not run off and create an unrealistic fork of AA that gets rid of the values and integrity that were purposefully built into the game.


Should teach that lesson to all post AA2.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:18 am
Posts: 5
-Spanky- wrote:
Haha, when we get players blatantly hating our work, we kinda take it personally. Wouldn't you? I mean, try investing hundreds if not thousands of hours into something while not being paid just to have someone say "you [TOS Violation] up" or "undo it, I don't like it".


You can never make everyone happy, but you have to learn to take criticism and make something good out of it. Now you close the door directly one comes with criticism. You just want to listen to those who share the same opinion as you have. Like you have say before

"We do respect users opinions but only When we ask for them"


You don’t care what other ppl want in game or not. If you can’t handle criticism you should close you’re forum.


-Spanky- wrote:
Fact is, there are more players now playing without mods than there were playing with. We know our audience and we know the history of AA. We also try to stay in line with what the original devs have created, not run off and create an unrealistic fork of AA that gets rid of the values and integrity that were purposefully built into the game.


That it would be more now than before is a lie. How do you explain that there are less players now than 6-8 months ago? I have asked for statistics before but you have not been able to show any. How can you say that it has increased the number of players? Even on the forum so people ask what you are doing about it. Your only excuse is

"To be honest though, there's more players than there used to be on 2.5 before auth shutdown."

Look 6-8 months backwards instead. The number of players has decreased, but you do not want to admit it.

-Spanky- wrote:
If we had made 2 lists (it would have taken a lot of work both on the Assist server and in the client just to "see" which router is better) then it would only serve to further divide the community, just like those deciding to play 2.8.5.


2 lists is not hard to fix for you and then you still have ppl on AA2.5. Now you make them leave to other games. I can not see any profit in it.

-Spanky- wrote:
We're all here for the same purpose but because we're the ones actively developing the game, we get [TOS Violation] thrown at us for making ANY kind of change, even if it's one the majority of people voted for. If you hate us for wanting to make this game better and keep it in tune with what the original devs created then I guess you'll continue hating us because that's what we are going to do.


You have already modified a lot that is not in line with what the Devs were doing or what was their focus. With two lists both with honor, you can maintain a classic and a modified map. Now you are inside and destroy the original with your "improvements"


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron