Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: AA 2.8.5 EXCLUSIVE COOPERATIVE
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 am 

Several people still play AA2.8.5, and have just as great a time playing it now as they did before the Auth Servers went down.

It is my belief that there are many people out there who would return to 'VERSION' 2.8.5 if they only knew WHERE to get a safe and no hassle download of it (and the 480+ maps that are sill actively played in this version on several servers), HOW to logon, and WHERE to connect with the players who have held out and remained loyal to the best FPS game ever (AA v2.8.5).

For this reason I am hereby compiling an Information & Resource Repository via THIS SINGLE THREAD dedicated to NOTHING BUT the America's Army Game Version 2.8.5.

Here are some helpful resources to get you back up and running with AA2.8.5:

...the AA 2.8.5 Full Game Auto Exec Zip File

dl moved to the qmodgroup.com site

-Download it,
-UnZip it,

**You will have to unzip it before you can run it. Most windows OS's have a utility to do this for you. If you don't know how to do this...GOOGLE IT ...or...find a friend that knows how and have them help you...its simple.

-Run it(Install it)

**For those of you running the WIN7 OS, you will also have to adjust the properties of the file before using it, this is a standard thing with the WIN7 OS Security Features. You have to tell it to allow it to run. To do so, simply RIGHT CLICK on the Game Icon, Select Properties, Select the 'Compatibility' Tab, At the bottom you will see 'Privilege Level' and a []Checkbox under that with 'Run this program as an administrator' next to it. CHECK IT, CLICK the "Change settings for all users" Radio Button, at the bottom of the next window, again under the label 'Privilege Level' another []Checkbox with "Run this program as an administrator"...CHECK IT, then CLICK the "OK" Radion Button at the bottom. Now, CLICK the 'Apply' Radion Button...THEN...CLICK the "OK" Radion Button. Provided that you do this correctly, you will only have to do it ONCE.

Once installed:

-Run the game by clicking on its icon on your desktop

1-You will see the old familiar Login Page come up.

2-Enter 'ANY NAME OF YOUR CHOICE' into the Name Field (has to be at least 1 character or you will get a BAD LOGIN NAME ERROR upon trying to join a server)

3-Leave the Password 'EMPTY' *IT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!

4-'click/TICK' the 'Remember Login Name' Radio Button/Check Box (Make sure it is selected unless you want to type your name every time you open the AA2.8.5 Game)

5-'UN-TICK/un-check' the 'Login Automatically' Radio Button/Check Box
(Make sure it is NOT SELECTED or you will get the 'Login Error. Your Internet connection may be down or the authorization server may be undergoing maintenance.' every time you start your AA2.8.5 Game.)

6-CLICK the 'LOGIN' Radio Button under the name and password blocks.
(This will record your NAME and thus will be there automatically once you restart the game the next and consecutive times. The first time you do it you will get the 'Login Error mentioned in #5 above, that's standard-its also looking for the Authentication Server to Log you into...it doesn't exist anymore, that is why the error comes up.)

7-CLICK "OK".

8-Locate the IP address to the server you wish to join.
**Partial lists of active AA2.8.5 Game Servers can be located at one or more of the following AA2.8.5 Server Tracking Pages sponsored by various Multi-Gaming Clans still in existence today.
Chevy's AA2.8.5 Game Server Tracking Page
aaotts AA2.8.5 Game Server Tracking Page
{{{These are only two that I know of, there may be more; if there is, please post the links later in this thread, that would be much appreciated by all AA2.8.5 diehard fans, thank you in advance}}}

9-CLICK the 'tilde key'(~)...the key immediately above the 'TAB' key on most keyboards

10-Enter the following string of text...using that IP address in place of the ###.###.###.### in the example below:

open ###.###.###.###

11-PRESS the [ENTER] key.

...that is [TILDE KEY]open(space)209.247.83.231[ENTER KEY]
[~]open 209.247.83.231[ENTER]

You will now be joined to that server.

MAPS/MapPack DOWNLOADS

**The bad news:
The odds are great that you will not have the maps being played on most of the AA2.8.5 Servers, as there are multiple new maps out since the AA2.8.5AuthElimination. Along with that fact is another fact...NOT Every Server runs the Same Version of Every Map.

**The GOOD NEWS:
Nearly every map being played on Nearly Every AA2.8.5 Server is available for easy download.

Here are a few links to sites that offer Map(s)/MapPack Download Links:
QMOD AA2.8.5 MAPS DOWNLOAD LINKS PAGE
(Individual Direct Links to OVER 450+(plus) Individual Maps in alphabetical order)
(All of these maps are loaded on the QMOD AA2.8.5 Gaming Server)
(MOST of these maps are the same version used on MOST other AA2.8.5 Gaming Servers-NOT ALL*')
*! = That's another project for which I will be soliciting a great deal of help and cooperation from a great deal of AA2.8.5 Game Server Sponsors and Map Creators alike!

QMOD AA2.8.5 MapPacks DOWNLOAD LINKS PAGE
(All of the QMOD Game Server Maps in 2-3 MapPack downloads-an easy way to get a lot of maps in one download)

Chevy's-Place AA2.8.5 Map Download Links Page
(Links to all the maps that are deployed on Chevy's 3(three) AA2.8.5 Gaming Servers)

SF-Operations Map Download Links Page

KmanMaps

SandsMaps

XXtremeOps Maps Download Links Page

FSD Maps Download Links Page

*****If there are others out there for AA2.8.5, please list them in a Reply...thank you.

PLACE THE MAPS INTO YOUR 'MAPS' FOLDER IN AA

*****For those who use WIN7 OS, you will need to 'UNBLOCK' each map prior to using it.
The procedure is:
1-Locate the Map File,
2-Right Click on it,
3-Select "PROPERTIES",
4-At the bottom right of that window will be a "UNBLOCK" Radio Button, CLICK IT,
5-Click "OK",
6-Restart the AA2.8.5 Game...done.

*****NOTE: There are a few Password protected AA2.8.5 servers. The QMOD AA2.8.5 Server is a PRIVATE SERVER, meaning that it is not, was not, an HONOR server. There are NO MORE HONOR SERVERS for AA2.8.5. AA2.8.5 Servers are primarily used by those who could care less about the old AA Honor System, or being "TRACKED". It's LESS COMPETITION, and MORE FUN; though there are still groups out there who still like to scrim on AA2.8.5 servers. I am one of those people who don't play AA for the competition of it...I play for the FUN in it!! Never-the-less, the QMOD, since it is a Private Server (Cheaper) is Password Protected.

Here is the proper format of the string of text you will need to enter into your console(~)(tilde key) on your game to join a Password Protected Server:

The QMOD AA2.8.5 Server Login string is used as the example in this case:
NOTE: This server will be closed as of April 25th, 2013.

[~]open 209.247.83.231?Password=QMOD[ENTER] for 'Players'

[~]open 209.247.83.231?Password=QMOD?PaPassword=playeradmin[ENTER]- for PlayerAdmins

Last edited by KOOLKiller on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: AA 2.8.5 EXCLUSIVE COOPERATIVE
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm 

{QMOD}_KOOL_Killer wrote:
There are many of us who do still play AA2.8.5, and have just as great a time playing it now as we did before the Auth Servers went down.

It is my belief that there are many people out there who would return to 'VERSION' 2.8.5 if they only knew WHERE to get a safe and no hassle download of it (and the 450+ maps that are sill actively played in this version on several servers), HOW to logon, and WHERE to connect with the players who have held out and remained loyal to the best FPS game ever (AA v2.8.5).

For this reason I am hereby compiling an Information & Resource Repository via THIS SINGLE THREAD dedicated to NOTHING BUT the America's Army Game Version 2.8.5.

Looking forward to seeing many of you back in game with us old school guys and gals on v2.8.5...HOOAH!

Here are some helpful resources to get you back up and running with AA2.8.5:

...the AA 2.8.5 Full Game Auto Exec Zip File

-This download is SAFE: Does not contain any viruses, ads or any of that other cr*p.
-This download SOURCE is SAFE: The only things that will get recorded on the source server will be the requesting party's IP and connection information [standard security tracking protocol with most any server] info for security purposes and ALL you will get is the AA2.8.5 Game Auto-Executable Installation File in a .ZIP file.

-Download it,
-UnZip it,

**You will have to unzip it before you can run it. Most windows OS's have a utility to do this for you. If you don't know how to do this...GOOGLE IT ...or...find a friend that knows how and have them help you...its simple.

-Run it(Install it)

**For those of you running the WIN7 OS, you will also have to adjust the properties of the file before using it, this is a standard thing with the WIN7 OS Security Features. You have to tell it to allow it to run. To do so, simply RIGHT CLICK on the Game Icon, Select Properties, Select the 'Compatibility' Tab, At the bottom you will see 'Privilege Level' and a []Checkbox under that with 'Run this program as an administrator' next to it. CHECK IT, CLICK the "Change settings for all users" Radio Button, at the bottom of the next window, again under the label 'Privilege Level' another []Checkbox with "Run this program as an administrator"...CHECK IT, then CLICK the "OK" Radion Button at the bottom. Now, CLICK the 'Apply' Radion Button...THEN...CLICK the "OK" Radion Button. Provided that you do this correctly, you will only have to do it ONCE.

Once installed:

-Run the game by clicking on its icon on your desktop

1-You will see the old familiar Login Page come up.

2-Enter 'ANY NAME OF YOUR CHOICE' into the Name Field (has to be at least 1 character or you will get a BAD LOGIN NAME ERROR upon trying to join a server)

3-Leave the Password 'EMPTY' *IT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!

4-'click/TICK' the 'Remember Login Name' Radio Button/Check Box (Make sure it is selected unless you want to type your name every time you open the AA2.8.5 Game)

5-'UN-TICK/un-check' the 'Login Automatically' Radio Button/Check Box
(Make sure it is NOT SELECTED or you will get the 'Login Error. Your Internet connection may be down or the authorization server may be undergoing maintenance.' every time you start your AA2.8.5 Game.)

6-CLICK the 'LOGIN' Radio Button under the name and password blocks.
(This will record your NAME and thus will be there automatically once you restart the game the next and consecutive times. The first time you do it you will get the 'Login Error mentioned in #5 above, that's standard-its also looking for the Authentication Server to Log you into...it doesn't exist anymore, that is why the error comes up.)

7-CLICK "OK".

8-Locate the IP address to the server you wish to join.
**Partial lists of active AA2.8.5 Game Servers can be located at one or more of the following AA2.8.5 Server Tracking Pages sponsored by various Multi-Gaming Clans still in existence today.
Chevy's AA2.8.5 Game Server Tracking Page
aaotts AA2.8.5 Game Server Tracking Page
{{{These are only two that I know of, there may be more; if there is, please post the links later in this thread, that would be much appreciated by all AA2.8.5 diehard fans, thank you in advance}}}

9-CLICK the 'tilde key'(~)...the key immediately above the 'TAB' key on most keyboards

10-Enter the following string of text...using that IP address in place of the ###.###.###.### in the example below:

open ###.###.###.###

11-PRESS the [ENTER] key.

...that is [TILDE KEY]open(space)209.247.83.231[ENTER KEY]
[~]open 209.247.83.231[ENTER]

You will now be joined to that server.

MAPS/MapPack DOWNLOADS

**The bad news:
The odds are great that you will not have the maps being played on most of the AA2.8.5 Servers, as there are multiple new maps out since the AA2.8.5AuthElimination. Along with that fact is another fact...NOT Every Server runs the Same Version of Every Map.

**The GOOD NEWS:
Nearly every map being played on Nearly Every AA2.8.5 Server is available for easy download.

Here are a few links to sites that offer Map(s)/MapPack Download Links:
QMOD AA2.8.5 MAPS DOWNLOAD LINKS PAGE
(Individual Direct Links to OVER 450+(plus) Individual Maps in alphabetical order)
(All of these maps are loaded on the QMOD AA2.8.5 Gaming Server)
(MOST of these maps are the same version used on MOST other AA2.8.5 Gaming Servers-NOT ALL*')
*! = That's another project for which I will be soliciting a great deal of help and cooperation from a great deal of AA2.8.5 Game Server Sponsors and Map Creators alike!

QMOD AA2.8.5 MapPacks DOWNLOAD LINKS PAGE
(All of the QMOD Game Server Maps in 2-3 MapPack downloads-an easy way to get a lot of maps in one download)

Chevy's-Place AA2.8.5 Map Download Links Page
(Links to all the maps that are deployed on Chevy's 3(three) AA2.8.5 Gaming Servers)

SF-Operations Map Download Links Page

KmanMaps

SandsMaps

XXtremeOps Maps Download Links Page

FSD Maps Download Links Page

*****If there are others out there for AA2.8.5, please list them in a Reply...thank you.

PLACE THE MAPS INTO YOUR 'MAPS' FOLDER IN AA

*****For those who use WIN7 OS, you will need to 'UNBLOCK' each map prior to using it.
The procedure is:
1-Locate the Map File,
2-Right Click on it,
3-Select "PROPERTIES",
4-At the bottom right of that window will be a "UNBLOCK" Radio Button, CLICK IT,
5-Click "OK",
6-Restart the AA2.8.5 Game...done.

*****NOTE: There are a few Password protected AA2.8.5 servers. The QMOD AA2.8.5 Server is a PRIVATE SERVER, meaning that it is not, was not, an HONOR server. There are NO MORE HONOR SERVERS for AA2.8.5. AA2.8.5 Servers are primarily used by those who could care less about the old AA Honor System, or being "TRACKED". It's LESS COMPETITION, and MORE FUN; though there are still groups out there who still like to scrim on AA2.8.5 servers. I am one of those people who don't play AA for the competition of it...I play for the FUN in it!! Never-the-less, the QMOD, since it is a Private Server (Cheaper) is Password Protected.

Here is the proper format of the string of text you will need to enter into your console(~)(tilde key) on your game to join a Password Protected Server:

The QMOD AA2.8.5 Server Login string is used as the example in this case:

[~]open 209.247.83.231?Password=QMOD[ENTER] for 'Players'

[~]open 209.247.83.231?Password=QMOD?PaPassword=playeradmin[ENTER]- for PlayerAdmins

I am currently looking for Old School & inexperienced player alike to venture into an 'AA2.8.5 EXCLUSIVE COOPERATIVE' with me.

This 'Coop' will not be a 'CLAN', but rather a group of men & women with the AA2.8.5 Game in common, who would like to see it continue and grow a bit, and diversify. Therefore you can be a member of any clan, or not a member of a clan, doesn't matter.

Everyone who Still Plays AA2.8.5, but particularly those who play ONLY AA2.8.5 EXCLUSIVELY are encouraged to get in touch with me.

Those in particular that I would love to hear from are persons interested in AA2.8.5 Game Server Administration, persons with proven Website &/OR Forum Administration experience and know-how...who possess the ability to teach along the way, AA2.8.5 Map CREATORS and EDITORS, and persons knowledgeable in FTP protocol regarding Map Download Servers/Sites . Basically, if you have an interest in AA2.8.5, this will be the place for you to be. Please get in touch with me by visiting the QMOD Website Registration Page, and send me a PM regarding your interest, or leave a post in this thread once you've registered.

Thank you for your time,

I look forward to hearing from you all and seeing you In-Game (AA2.8.5) SOON.
I heard your download doesn't work.

Last edited by TimoStrong21 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm 

EDIT{DL works just fine for me and most people. Some people using Firefox have issues, but I can't help ya there, get or use ie and it should work just fine. Some people who use Firefox know how to get around it, but I don't use it so I can't help ya there. Good luck.}

...Great that you would think so, Chev is a friend and I can attest that his dl's are TRUSTFUL. However, if you are in the US and would like a speedier delivery of the same file, you can get it from my site as well. Chev n I talk regularly, and like I said, his site...IS TRUSTWORTHY, however, his dl server is in another country and thus might affect the dl speed, other than that, its the same file.

There is a new map on Chevy 3 Game Server, playing it now, The_Observatoy_PF by SF{Ops}Path, took me over 5 minutes to dl it from chevs site although its only 32 mb. I will have it up on my site for dl in a few minutes, and trust me....I venture to say it will be delivered in less than a minute.

Fact is that most of us AA2.8.5 players are working class adults and that being said...Time Is Everything... Frag On boys n girls...

HOOAH

Last edited by KOOLKiller on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm 

Ps, If you're going to quote that rather large piece I started with, it might be a matter of courtesy to others to slim down the post before you post it, it seems to detract from readability which, if there is anyone like me out there, would tend to click away from it sooner than not. Thanks for the consideration sir and hope to see you on the fraggin fields soon.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm 

Well, I stand corrected, The_Observatory_PF took all but 7 seconds to dl from [EIDT=its former location]. Its now been moved to the qmodgroup.com site for dl, speed unkown. Enjoy...

Last edited by KOOLKiller on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm 

Ps, If you're going to quote that rather large piece I started with, it might be a matter of courtesy to others to slim down the post before you post it, it seems to detract from readability which, if there is anyone like me out there, would tend to click away from it sooner than not. Thanks for the consideration sir and hope to see you on the fraggin fields soon.

Actually I corrected it. Check out my new edit.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 pm 

Funny, works fine for me in IE, some people do have issues when they use Firefox...try ie, downloads in less than 25 minutes (the full install game file that is) maps at about 32mb in roughly 7 seconds...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm 

Funny, works fine for me in IE, some people do have issues when they use Firefox...try ie, downloads in less than 25 minutes (the full install game file that is) maps at about 32mb in roughly 7 seconds...

So what you're saying is that it's faster on IE really faster than the download speed when AA2 was not discontinued. A lot of people don't use IE anymore. I use it occasionally though.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm 

yeah, it seems alot of peeps running apple stuff use firefox alot, but most everyone i know still runs ie, and as far as "faster than the dl speed when AA2 was not discontinued..." I suppose it would be since not near as many people are dl'g these days; however, I contribute the speed a great deal to the location of the server (cneteral us) and fortunately my servers have always performed super fast...so everyone tells me...hooah

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 am 

List of Servers Deploying 2.8.5 Coop . Link = http://www.gametracker.com/search/aa/

Tfly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics