Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Discontinue Authentication Support for America's Army 2
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:34 pm 
AACM
AACM

Over the past nine years more than 12 million registered players have fired billions of rounds as they played in millions of matches. These stats clearly show how hugely successful America's Army 2 has been. Our goal for the future is to make the current America's Army game and future releases even more successful than those in the past, and we're determined to see that happen.

For that reason, as we move forward we are concentrating all our resources on future releases of the game. Unfortunately this means that as of December 18, 2011, we will no longer be supporting the authentication system or statistics tracking for America's Army 2. The game will still be available to play in free-play mode, without Honor points being accrued. AA2 will still be the same game, with the same action and same fun. Matches can still be held and competitions won and lost. Just without the point system.

We hope our long time AA2 fans understand that this decision is in the best interest of the development of America's Army and its players as a whole. We hope they continue to enjoy the 2 series as long as they like. If you need help with AA2 please refer to the AA2 Online Game Manual or the Forum Archive, or email us at AACM@americasarmy.com.

Post subject: Re: Discontinue Authentication Support for America's Army 2
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

It would probably help those who are truly disappointed by this decision (a large understatement) if you would clarify what resources AA2 support was actually taking up.

Also, giving an idea of when you will be support co-op play in AA3 would be of interest.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:45 pm 
AACM
AACM

AA2 required authentication servers, several supporting websites, databases, etc, and all the people on the back end to ensure everything was keep up and running. Remember though, you can still play the game. The only difference will be the absence of the point system.

At present I have no information about coop play on AA3.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 pm 

Thanks for replying promptly! What I wanted was more specifics: how many people, and how much it was costing. I suppose I would also be interested to know how much AA2 is still earning from people who are paying for Honor servers.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 pm 
AACM
AACM

I'm sorry but I don't have those exact figures.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

sad news, but comprehensible.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm 

Sad news, but i understand. i started to play with 1 game when i have get my computer : América's Army 2. It was a very cool years ( 5 on AA2). But all beautiful stories has a end. Now, let's play and continue the story on AA3. Hooah

Dedicated Service Ribbon Awarded
(Awarded for achieving excellence in the AA3 beta program)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm 

I didn't really care about the points anyways, i played AA 2 because it is a fun game and i met a lot of cool people through it and had some great times playing!

Points or no points, AA 2 is still my favorite :)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 pm 

so basicly; even tough there are still enough aa2players; and manny who don't play aa; becouse its outdated; and no support; if u really just had logic thinking; u would know this; even if u just did even listen to the community some times; becouse its 1 of the easiest ways to know if your "game" is going good or not; plx get some logic.. and understand ppl played aa bacause of its gameplay.. thats how easy it is..

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 pm 

The game will still have support here I am sure. Almost all the people who give the support for aa2 are either volunteer moderators or AA3 beta's experienced in the ways of AA2. Basically Phoenix is just saying that they aren't funding or fixing or even adding to AA2 anymore. The game still lives. Just doesn't run through the Army Game Project's wallet now. I see no problem with that. AA2 is a finished project and it was said long long ago that it would not be receiving any updates. AA3 is going to have full attention now or maybe the budget is just being cut and since they aren't doing stuff with AA2 they were the ones to get the boot. Either way. AA3 is what is being worked on. That has been final for a while. Better get use to it. Just remember that sooner or later AA3 will turn into a good game. It has come a long way from initial release if you think about it. Even if it was pretty bad to begin with.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics