Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: America's Army 2
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:42 pm 

Since America's Army 2 auth. was shut down due Pragmatic dismissal and now because you already have your own dedicated system for authentication and honor, why not to create there a honorable spot for America's Army 2?
If some changes are needed to match with this new auth system (probably some are, since are different systems), I am quite sure that you will find in the community people available to give some help.
This would make thousands of people happy, also it would give you some peace in the next few years while you polish America's Army Proving Grounds.
I am available to help in the way I can. Think about it.

Post subject: Re: America's Army 2
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 pm 

This post has been brought up before and it's not feasible for some reason....I don't remember why.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm 

I dont see why cannot be, the only problem that I see is with Punkbuster since would need to be reactivated and updated for AA2 and probably they will charge something for it.
Pull the plug of America's army 3 and use the spot to accommodate America's Army 2.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:25 am 

AA2 already has a "new" Auth.
http://www.aao25.com

All that is missing from that project is the AI found in the later version of AA2, everything else is included.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:05 pm 

While AA25 is a valuable and appreciated effort, it is not the same thing of being official.
America's Army 2 deserve better (no offense) and due to its honorable lifetime really should have a respectful spot in AA history.
Not very difficult to accomplish, a game launcher to make the bridge between game/steam/auth and some minor changes in game scoring, I believe that are not complicated tasks for a programmer.
It's perfectly achievable. Also it could bring some light about what is AA, while this version is being polished.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:26 pm 

Don Quixote wrote:
While AA25 is a valuable and appreciated effort, it is not the same thing of being official.
America's Army 2 deserve better (no offense) and due to its honorable lifetime really should have a respectful spot in AA history.
Not very difficult to accomplish, a game launcher to make the bridge between game/steam/auth and some minor changes in game scoring, I believe that are not complicated tasks for a programmer.
It's perfectly achievable. Also it could bring some light about what is AA, while this version is being polished.

IF the people behind the AA3/AA4 project were to believe about AA2 as a "resource" or even just as part of the story, of the lifetime of a game series that was born more than 10 years ago, would have they let it go forgotten?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics