Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Look Back...
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

So all this negativity on the forums led me to look back at the game I loved so much. I then checked out the AA facebook page to reminisce a bit and read some of the comments on AA3, and now on AAPG. I kept scrolling and found some milestones AA2 reached. Progress for the sake of progress is not always a good thing. The game has slowly slid into the hole we currently find ourselves in, with the smallest AA population since 2002. Why oh why would anyone want to mess with a winning formula.

Valve got it right with CS:GO. We didn't do so hot flushing AA2 down the drain for AA3, and now AA4.

2002: Gigex announced that since the game’s debut America’s Army had been downloaded more than 1,185,000 times, making America’s Army: Operations game the most popular download on the Gigex network in 2002.

2004: Soldiers rappel into E3.

2005: Launched in July 2002, the America’s Army had more than 5.5 million people registered to play the game, more than 1.34 billion missions played, and more than 94 million hours of gameplay accrued.

2007: AA passes 8 million registered players.

2009: AA enters Guiness Book of World Records.

2009: AA3 release is announced.

Post subject: Re: A Look Back...
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 pm 

I really wish AA3 wouldn't have gotten so butchered up so badly and actually saw some real improvement and content added while it was around. It would be interesting to see what the game would be like if it hadn't been constantly been being fixed since day 1 to the end.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics