Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: New player training with vet players
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 pm 

Hey USA_Sammy, checked bridge AI server, haven't spotted you yet. Keepin an eye open. Hope I'll run into you.

Am confused about the youtube channel though. I didn't see any mentor vids except maybe the flythoughs but I'm already actively playing on the maps so nothin new there.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 am 

jmaxwell wrote:
Am confused about the youtube channel though. I didn't see any mentor vids except maybe the flythoughs.

i dont know why but apparently they were removed the last time the site was cleaned up,

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:56 pm 

Oh that's too bad. They should put them back up. I'm realizing as I get better at AA3 that there are a lot of learning tools missing from the game. For instance, all experienced players use very specifics lingo to describe where enemies are on the map. Example, Bridge Map: Enemy on left cat, middle front left, etc. However, there's no mention of any of that in the training. There are a lot of other details that go unmentioned in AA3 training.

Hopefully, with AA4, they will work some of this stuff out and provide better training tools in general.

Cheers

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am 

jmaxwell wrote:
Oh that's too bad. They should put them back up. I'm realizing as I get better at AA3 that there are a lot of learning tools missing from the game. For instance, all experienced players use very specifics lingo to describe where enemies are on the map. Example, Bridge Map: Enemy on left cat, middle front left, etc. However, there's no mention of any of that in the training. There are a lot of other details that go unmentioned in AA3 training.

That's the reason I wanted "Landmark names/terms on map(s) (ie: “broken wall”, “break room”, “water fountain”)" as part of the new player/vet training.
It's not something they can include in AA training, as they aren't official names of places on the map, it's just something that over time players developed to help eachother, and of course the game can't know what terminology players will choose to use and adapt as part of their gameplay. but as you play the maps more you will learn it. You can also ask players. If you have a mic, use it and just let them know you're new and and don't know where that location is.

InGame & Steam: AngelOfDeath

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 am 

Good call, I've been using the mic a lot getting used to the landmarks and general tactics. Seems communication is key in AA3.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players