Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New player training with vet players
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:32 pm 

In the spirit and hopes of building the community back up and also addressing the issue that's been brought up with new players creating veteran soldiers but not really knowing how to play the game I thought it would be great to do some training sessions on the maps with new players.

Here's what I was thinking (let me know your thoughts and if anyone wants to do this) :

New Player Assistance/Training
Frequency of training dependent on demand (new map per training session)

Veteran/skilled players of all ranks go in a server with new players to teach them:
• Differences between NME’s and friendlies (and VIP’s)
• Various gameplay (Take & Hold, VIP, Extraction, Assault/Defense and how to accomplish them)
• Learning the map(s) – one map per week/training session
* Assault and Defense
* Good/Bad spots on map(s)/common camping places
* Landmark names/terms on map(s) (ie: “broken wall”, “break room”, “water fountain”)
• Tips: shooting, movements etc.

The match will be no firing at first. NME’s and Friendlies all walk the map working with the new players and they become familiarized with the differences in appearance between the NME’s and Friendlies as they learn.

Depending on the ratio of new players to vets you can have everyone in teamspeak so no matter which team they're on all can communicate or have atleast one vet on each team and the two vets be on teamspeak so they can coordinate what they're doing with their teams and when they will end the cease fire, etc.

Thoughts?

InGame & Steam: AngelOfDeath

Post subject: Re: New player training with vet players
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm 

Sounds very good, but the AA-Mentor Program already tried that, dunno if it was successful or not. Would be nice to revive that. Maybe for more languages.

+1 !

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:30 pm 

I think this would be a great idea for the newer recruits that play this game! I would love to be a part of something like this.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm 

Hi I'm completely new to AA3. Would love to be a part of these training sessions!

This is EXACTLY what I need. I'm one of those inexperienced player who DIDN'T make a veteran soldier right away. Instead, I did the in-game training but was disappointed to find out that it's just a cursory overview of the weapons mostly. I was hoping for more combat training and it sounds like you guys are the right ones to be talking to.

I hope more inexperienced player like me will be interested in these sessions. But even if I'm the only one, I wouldn't mind linking up with an experienced unit and learning the ropes.

My soldier name is Echo Julio. Please contact me through this forum or add me as a friend on steam. I can't send private messages on this forum yet because my account is new. So please reply to this post or let me know how I can get PM working.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 pm 
Developer
Developer

I recommend a few rounds of Bridge AI in co-op mode. Until everyone is completely familiar with the keys and features, you can play and train with human teammates vs. the AI.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 pm 

jmaxwell wrote:
Hi I'm completely new to AA3. Would love to be a part of these training sessions!

This is EXACTLY what I need. I'm one of those inexperienced player who DIDN'T make a veteran soldier right away. Instead, I did the in-game training but was disappointed to find out that it's just a cursory overview of the weapons mostly. I was hoping for more combat training and it sounds like you guys are the right ones to be talking to.

I hope more inexperienced player like me will be interested in these sessions. But even if I'm the only one, I wouldn't mind linking up with an experienced unit and learning the ropes.

My soldier name is Echo Julio. Please contact me through this forum or add me as a friend on steam. I can't send private messages on this forum yet because my account is new. So please reply to this post or let me know how I can get PM working.

Thanks!
you need 10 posts for private messaging. Head to R&R you can make a reply or two. Hopefully not spam posts :)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm 

Thanks, got the PM situation all worked out now.

Let me know if the training sessions are a go.

Cheers

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:50 am 

RayMD wrote:
the AA-Mentor Program already tried that, dunno if it was successful or not.

the AAMP was a great success in my eyes.it fell off after v3.0.7 from lack of active players.

most of the resources are still in place.and i would be happy to volunteer my time and additional resources as needed to help in any way i can.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 am 

I think it will be most useful when the new version comes out. None of the players except devs and betas will know the new maps. Nonetheless I support the idea of training the new players to prevent tking and frustration.

shooters ready,
RB

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am 

I will also help out for the mentor program. I liked it.
I also like the idea of using bridge ai as a starting map.
Can load up a map without ai first to show the new guys whois friendly and whois not. And show them friendly and enemies weapons. Then move onto ai map for some tactical skill type stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players