Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A (long) guide to Bridge
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am 

Nice Work, mate. Especially for new Players. :shock:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 am 

Thanks! :)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 am 

So, since AA 3.1 is out, I haven't had much time to play. The few times I tried (just a couple of matches), attempting to suppress the DMR with an M249 results in very quickly dying from a headshot. I am guessing he knows my location from the tracers, but I didn't have time to try the obvious solution (softbag).

Anyone have some experience on suppressing the DMR on Bridge?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 am 

nice tutorial. I'd like to add that, if you are on defense and decide you want to rush and get shot at mid tower.... don't really expect one of your team mates to run up and heal you unless there is another rusher near your position. Also, keep the comms clear of chatter. All that "MEDIC" "MEDIC" "MEDIC" "MEDIC" "MEDIC" "MEDIC" "MEDIC" is uncalled for.

On another note, some of my favorite times on bridge was when defense guarded behind the tower and into the city. It's like a whole new world of the bridge map, and also can be very well-guarded with the right team and cover. It was great. This happened on a 20 slot server that was full, and loads of fun. You guys should try it out more often.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am 

White.Meat wrote:
On another note, some of my favorite times on bridge was when defense guarded behind the tower and into the city. It's like a whole new world of the bridge map, and also can be very well-guarded with the right team and cover. It was great. This happened on a 20 slot server that was full, and loads of fun. You guys should try it out more often.

Oh yeah, that's definitely true. Unfortunately, if your team has close to zero cooperation and coordination (as is often the case in public servers), you stand a better chance if you defend on the South Tower and its surroundings. Defending on the city itself requires better teamwork (fireteam A cover the main street, fireteam B cover somewhere, fireteam C cover near the patio so the DMR can still take some shots, etc).

In fact, my ideal strategy would be for fireteam C to defend on the South Tower, and the other two fireteams in the city behind. When Offense begins crossing the south bridge, fireteam C retreats and helps defend in the city. But for that you require a coordinated team.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 pm 

HerrKaputt wrote:
So, since AA 3.1 is out, I haven't had much time to play. The few times I tried (just a couple of matches), attempting to suppress the DMR with an M249 results in very quickly dying from a headshot. I am guessing he knows my location from the tracers, but I didn't have time to try the obvious solution (softbag).

Anyone have some experience on suppressing the DMR on Bridge?

The sad reality is that currently, if you're not the SDM, it's not your business to take out the enemy marksman. If he's good he'll nail you even if you're trying to shove an M320 up his ego. Sure you could infil his location and melee him or kill him in CQB but that's a different story.

Am I saying you can't suppress DMR if you're machinegunner? No. But 1) your team must help you. 2) he must be preferably in tower or closet, where his movement area is low (as opposed to stairs or patio) and 3) he must suck at what he's doing.

Also, remember that decreasing the distance between you is to your advantage, not his. Suppress from as close as possible.

public foe list (looking for more, help me fill it up): GreenEyes, EllisDee

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm 

Good points there Fingergrass. Especially point 3 :)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:09 pm 

A couple SDM Places to add (maybe) Keyhole, Crater, Woodpile, first/second pillars.

Hand grenade throwing tactics and positions.

Late game Defensive tactics (Falling back to defend Z as the timer gets low, where to find cover, and where to search for offensive rushers)

Late game Offensive tactics (Common mistakes made during the final Rush)

and a section called "50 fun things to do with a Idle Defender before shooting them" :D

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am 

Good tips, topper. I'll try to find the time to add those next weekend (I'll have to experiment a bit offline too).

And I'll leave the "stuff to do with an idle defender" to yourself ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:57 am 

This Guide is great !

This guide and the bridge map would be perfect for the AA3 Recruitment Day on Saturdays to help increase the AA3 player base.

AA3 Saturday Recruitment Day:

8 - 12AM: Players complete Training

12 - 2PM : Players use Explore Bridge Map / Read this Guide / Configure Communication & Weapon bindings

2 - 5PM : Players go live fire on Bridge servers with volunteers to answer questions during gameplay with VOIP.

Hopefully all the AA3 maps will be done in a professional manner like this.

TY !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - New Players