Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ok so we have a bit of an issue....
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 pm 

Yes, please be patient while they work on the solution :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 am 

leegreaves wrote:
This issue is to do with new registrations who intend using it with a home setup I dont think this applies to game server hosted setups or servers that were authorized prior to the original announcement.

Nope.... It is applying to all. I leased a server on the 26th and have Auth Username and Password yet my server remains in the Initialization stage.

And what gets me is they said that they would MANUALLY fix the ones that were already registered. I only count about 4 to 6 that are in that category yet no one will take a few minutes to manually auth these servers.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 am 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Arebias wrote:
leegreaves wrote:
This issue is to do with new registrations who intend using it with a home setup I dont think this applies to game server hosted setups or servers that were authorized prior to the original announcement.

Nope.... It is applying to all. I leased a server on the 26th and have Auth Username and Password yet my server remains in the Initialization stage.

And what gets me is they said that they would MANUALLY fix the ones that were already registered. I only count about 4 to 6 that are in that category yet no one will take a few minutes to manually auth these servers.

It's called a holiday.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 am 

As gangsta originally quoted in this post..he said that with alot of employees enjoying their holidays right now...he will do it ASAP...please be patient...in the meantime I would suggest you put a ticket in with your GSP and ask for a refund of the days that you have lost while this has been occurring. Im sure if they are flexible they will say yes to that. I certainly know gameservers have in the past with me.

*EDIT* I do remember that when I first rented my server from them I had a problem with authorization...they said as a way of gratis...agreed to not charging me for my server untill it had been resolved and was showing as authorized and fully up n running.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 am 

leegreaves wrote:
As gangsta originally quoted in this post..he said that with alot of employees enjoying their holidays right now...he will do it ASAP...please be patient...in the meantime I would suggest you put a ticket in with your GSP and ask for a refund of the days that you have lost while this has been occurring. Im sure if they are flexible they will say yes to that. I certainly know gameservers have in the past with me.

I will just wait my turn although I thought I had been patient. I think I could have just answered that presumption with my first line and left the last line out. It was not needed. Just venting I guess. We all know it's the holidays.

This whole Authorization thing is new to me. I have a Linux Dedicated Server that I run other game servers and such on and am used to just loading, configuring, and away we go. Sure hope a Linux Dedicated Server is in the foretasted future.

Drive on Young Soldier.... Drive on!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm 
AACM
AACM

I'm still waiting on the team getting back to work. This issue effects all registrations back to about the 24th Dec. we haddnt realised it was an issue until later.

I am not registering any new requests currently as it will just make the situation worse, and as soon as the issue is fixed ill manually clear the backlog.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Pat

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm 

While im at it Pat...I have an additional question tho slightly off topic...but pretty sure you can answer it for me...If at some point in the future, my IP was to change (although it will happen rarely as im on a static address) what would I need to do as Im assuming the MAS will also store the IP of my server as part of my authorization details would it?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm 

I believe there will be an update page for registered accounts, either way, the IP is stored with the other credentials so it will be necessary to update the record, should your IP change.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm 
AACM
AACM

leegreaves wrote:
While im at it Pat...I have an additional question tho slightly off topic...but pretty sure you can answer it for me...If at some point in the future, my IP was to change (although it will happen rarely as im on a static address) what would I need to do as Im assuming the MAS will also store the IP of my server as part of my authorization details would it?

Under the current system you would email us to let us know the new IP and I'll change it in the backend.

As we get more registrations though we may look at automating more processes.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 am 

Cheers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - Server Support