Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is AA3 dead?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 pm 

Bratwurste wrote:
With 3.2 patch (when we thought that AA3 was starting to move in to the right direction) in Dec, 2011 the player base started to increase again reaching again daily peaks over 1000 players actually in game. Was the best time of AA3, everything seemed to become consistent, players, servers, clans and community.

+1 for truth ;)

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:25 pm 

Bratwurste wrote:
AA3 had daily peaks of about 1000 players in servers at same time from Jun, 2009 to Mar, 2010.

After Mar, 2010 the number decreased to about 700/800 approximately.

In Jun, 2011 with 3.1 patch the numbers decreased to 500/600, daily peaks.

With 3.2 patch (when we thought that AA3 was starting to move in to the right direction) in Dec, 2011 the player base started to increase again reaching again daily peaks over 1000 players actually in game. Was the best time of AA3, everything seemed to become consistent, players, servers, clans and community.

Then in Jun, 2012, 3.3 patch terminated a game that really reflected the Army values, a game that conveyed values such as Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. A game where we could feel, follow and respect these values, a game for which there is no valid alternative.

End of story.

... and now?

weep over again for 20 more pages about a dying computer game like we did with AA2?
I also played it and liked it, in spite of the lag and bugs. It has something special and AA:PG don't have it in that way (till now).
I understand your frustration but it didn't help to get it alive again.
Move on and help improving AA:PG instead of wasting your energy here!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:52 pm 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 am 

CPT Carl Reed wrote:
Hmmmm. I went in the launcher and used my pen and paper to add players. It was comparable with the steam count. I think their billion dollar steam system seems to be working correctly. Where are you getting your stats? Can you provide a reference?

I don't know what the player count was before july2012. Where did you get those numbers?

No it can't because AA games use launchers. And Steam counts open launcher as "playing the game". So I can open AAPG launcher and leave it 24/7 and at the end of the year I'm gonna be the number one on "time played" in AAPG history, not even playing a single match.
This is how billion dollar steam system works.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:25 pm 

Bratwurste wrote:
CPT Carl Reed wrote:

This leads to the only possible conclusion, in matters of concept and originality AA3 was far superior to AAPG.
If AA3 had the same playablity basically without issues, the same that AAPG have, today the player base would be much more larger than the one that we see with AAPG.
AA3 concept was far superior, thats a undeniable fact, with larger chances of succeed.

Yes i know, sometimes the truth may hurt but also sometimes without pain is not possible to achieve the success.

I don't think this argument is valid. AA3 rode in on the coat tails of the juggernaut that was AA2. There was enormous anticipation for the game and hence many people played it. When the game fizzed out in 2012, there was much less anticipation going in to AAPG so less people even know that this game exists.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 am 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 pm 

I think it's fair to say for all practical purposes that AA3 is dead. It's impossible to bring back. History is just repeating itself, all y'all AA2 players can probably explain... AA3 is dead, served us pretty well, but we are seeing it in its 'final days' so to speak. I don't think we can expect anything to return to the real core AA formula for a while. It keeps changing. What carried over from AA2 to AA3? some stuff but not much... how about from AA3 to AA4? I think we can agree the "America's Army" in the title is about all that carried over. Now we see a few (<= just a few) more aspects of version 2. AA5 should be almost perfect. I await the day...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 pm 

~S~

I had played AA2 for over 5 yrs and the hackers just got to be too much. Reloaded this AA3PG to see what had changed. First the training is very well done, the new maps that I ran around on are very cool and a 12 to 15 team would be very cool to work out.

I did notice that the NPCs on exploration mode, were all E's so was fun to run around and shoot them. I did however loose sound quite a few times and resetsound (found in another thread fix) did not work. Finding a map that had players in it was a concern, out of 28 servers, only 5 had players and 3 were clan locked, 2 had 2-3 players that were not in the talkative mood (typing).. Very disappointing but will see if I can find a clan to play with I guess.

Honor is the Only thing to hold true

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion