Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: AA4 videos and SS look the same as AA3 to me... anyone e
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:39 pm 

nuclear_boom wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:
dgodfather wrote:

Quite honestly it doesn't matter to me, but that doesn't sway my opinion to agree to slowing the game down. I'll adapt and find new ways to be good enough to get under peoples skin no matter what you throw at me.

exactly.. some of us will adapt and find a way.. others will continue to complain as long as their keyboard works

I never said to slow the game down. All I wrote was to slow the running down a bit.

whatever AA2 fanboy 8-)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:44 pm 

nuclear_boom wrote:
frankof wrote:
nuclear_boom wrote:
Not slowing the game down, I wrote, to slow the running down. I mean to run a little slower, that's it. The weapon show up is perfect in aa3, the one in aa2 is like slow motion, i really hate it.
If we take away the fast running we will avoid the rambo rushers like me.

Why would lowering running speed remove the rushers?
Players will still reach the same location simultaneously, only a few second later, no change.
(this is a third grade math quiz, "Train A leave the station and travels x mph, Train B leaves the station at the same x mph, when will they meet in the middle? and who's gonna arrive first if the speed for both trains are the same?")

I'm not saying about initial rushers. The problem stays when game is already started.
In close combats u can sprint from a corner to another in a half of a second. I mean sure you can, but I would like you to do that in a real life situation. Rushing doesn't mean "who run first in the middle of the map", rushing is a totally different thing in my game play.
One of the reasons that AA2 players didn't like AA3 after playing for ages a slow motion game as AA2, was the running speed. Running speed is to high in AA3. Tell me a soldier with saw that rush like crazy in real life. yes rambo and chuck norris, do you know anyone else? :P
btw I don't care much about the running I like the way it is now, but I'm thinking about other players as well.

I can tell this thread is all pro AA3. This statement is 100% false. I've never heard an AA2 player complain because AA3 run speed was too fast. The main complaint was the lack of control of the character. Every movement felt chunky and delayed (I have a top of the line rig so lag is not a factor). As frankof mentioned, the relative speed between aa2, aa3, and what will be in aa4 is negligible. The only time relative speed matters is if you were to say consider quake and AA, but there is no chance of quake like speed in the AA series.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:10 pm 

12ampage wrote:
I can tell this thread is all pro AA3. This statement is 100% false. I've never heard an AA2 player complain because AA3 run speed was too fast. The main complaint was the lack of control of the character. Every movement felt chunky and delayed (I have a top of the line rig so lag is not a factor). As frankof mentioned, the relative speed between aa2, aa3, and what will be in aa4 is negligible. The only time relative speed matters is if you were to say consider quake and AA, but there is no chance of quake like speed in the AA series.

I'm sorry that you felt frustrated by this thread.
Nothing you said about movement is true. AA3 movement is well done. The only problem stays on lag, due to pingers joining servers that they should not join. Most of AA2 hardcore players played not more than 20 hrs AA3, and they did it, 3-4 years ago, when the game was a real bug. Play it now, or better you should have played it when AA3.2 version was active. You shouldn't just play it, but practice a lot, and than you will enjoy it very much, when first kills come out, and you'll feel a real pro.

http://vimeo.com/71001957

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:20 pm 

Why AA3 was NO GO !!

1. Day 1 problems.

Day 1 of AA3 was a total disaster !!! And that left a scar on that game. Even letter from Colonel Wardynski didn't help. The game had his first scar.

2. BUGs.

When problem with server was solved, new one kick in. Many people need to edit INI file of the game to even try play this game. And its not only people who had old PC. Few my friends who have way way batter PC then me, needed to do that.

After people finally could log in and start training. Next scar was achieved. BUGs BUGs BUGs and BUGs. There was not even single one round without BUGs. And not just minor BUGs. Do I have to remind the BUG where you could spawn without gun or ammo ?!(This one was even funny because me and my friends had this little game where we try to guess who gonna spawn with no gun).

3. Optimization - lags-.

Because the NET code of this game like the rest of it was not optimize right. People had lags. When you made a game with multi only and you have problem with NET code you know something is not right with your game.

4. Animations, graphics, effects.

Yee I know some of you gonna say that game graphics looks ok. And I understand that. But the animations and some effects are not even "good quality".
*Lack of proper ragdoll
*incapacitated and death animations
*Big gray ball for smoke effect.

5. Lack of content.

After COD4 almost every "shooter fan" wanted in games something to unlock. At launch AA3 had few things to unlock with training missions. But after that, there was nothing else.

Points 1-3 are the main reason why my friends stop "fighting" with AA3 after few months and never return. Yes few things was fixed but still this game feel like not complete.

======================================

Some people can say that this game is not COD, Battlefield its AA, tactical shooter. Even if AA3 was release with no problems I think the biggest problem is that this game is "tactical shooter". This genre of "tactical shooter" have problems. They are not so popular anymore. The get push out from market by 11 old kids who gonna buy new COD or Battlefield because today the only thing that count are BLOOD, Rambo stile games. And I don't blame them, I played this games too. But when I started to play FPS games we had games like Delta Force(Did anyone know that there is "new" Delta game Delta Force: Xtreme 2 ??When the hell Xtreme 1 came out ??) , Hidden & Dangerous, Operation Flashpoint, SWAT 3, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon.
And look how many "tactical shooters" came out after AA3 and what games "new gamers" have ?! COD COD COD Battlefield COD COD. I know that few game come out like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or Arma. But did this games make huge impact ?? No, ARMA lives thanks to MODs community. So, we have like 3,4 games, comparison to back in days when we had 7, 8 games ?!

We live in a "fast" world. The "first impression" of the game is very crucial. If someone pick a game and he don't like what he see in like first few hours, no matter how good game is later on, he already made a call. Thats why AA3 fail. First impression was that this game is full of BUGs, no content(yes I know not everyone looking for huge content list in games but "today" content is one of element of the multilayer games), bad optimization, problem with NET code, game.

I think there are two objectives AA4 need to complete to succeed. "First impression" and "teach new gamers" about "Tactical Shooter" genre. Good luck :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 pm 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 pm 

I am happy it isn't COD or MW. This game brings in the older gamers which is one of the things I enjoy.

Lets face it, kids want a game where you can run and gun, die and respawn. Most of the people here want something where you have to think out a plan, and hope for a positive kill to death ratio.

As long as they stay in the Americas Army type of game which started with AA 1.0 many years ago, this will be a great game. Lets just make sure their is no bugs this time around.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 am 

Terel wrote:
Why AA3 was NO GO !!

1. Day 1 problems.

Day 1 of AA3 was a total disaster !!! And that left a scar on that game. Even letter from Colonel Wardynski didn't help. The game had his first scar.

2. BUGs.

When problem with server was solved, new one kick in. Many people need to edit INI file of the game to even try play this game. And its not only people who had old PC. Few my friends who have way way batter PC then me, needed to do that.

After people finally could log in and start training. Next scar was achieved. BUGs BUGs BUGs and BUGs. There was not even single one round without BUGs. And not just minor BUGs. Do I have to remind the BUG where you could spawn without gun or ammo ?!(This one was even funny because me and my friends had this little game where we try to guess who gonna spawn with no gun).

3. Optimization - lags-.

Because the NET code of this game like the rest of it was not optimize right. People had lags. When you made a game with multi only and you have problem with NET code you know something is not right with your game.

4. Animations, graphics, effects.

Yee I know some of you gonna say that game graphics looks ok. And I understand that. But the animations and some effects are not even "good quality".
*Lack of proper ragdoll
*incapacitated and death animations
*Big gray ball for smoke effect.

5. Lack of content.

After COD4 almost every "shooter fan" wanted in games something to unlock. At launch AA3 had few things to unlock with training missions. But after that, there was nothing else.

Points 1-3 are the main reason why my friends stop "fighting" with AA3 after few months and never return. Yes few things was fixed but still this game feel like not complete.

======================================

Some people can say that this game is not COD, Battlefield its AA, tactical shooter. Even if AA3 was release with no problems I think the biggest problem is that this game is "tactical shooter". This genre of "tactical shooter" have problems. They are not so popular anymore. The get push out from market by 11 old kids who gonna buy new COD or Battlefield because today the only thing that count are BLOOD, Rambo stile games. And I don't blame them, I played this games too. But when I started to play FPS games we had games like Delta Force(Did anyone know that there is "new" Delta game Delta Force: Xtreme 2 ??When the hell Xtreme 1 came out ??) , Hidden & Dangerous, Operation Flashpoint, SWAT 3, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon.
And look how many "tactical shooters" came out after AA3 and what games "new gamers" have ?! COD COD COD Battlefield COD COD. I know that few game come out like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or Arma. But did this games make huge impact ?? No, ARMA lives thanks to MODs community. So, we have like 3,4 games, comparison to back in days when we had 7, 8 games ?!

We live in a "fast" world. The "first impression" of the game is very crucial. If someone pick a game and he don't like what he see in like first few hours, no matter how good game is later on, he already made a call. Thats why AA3 fail. First impression was that this game is full of BUGs, no content(yes I know not everyone looking for huge content list in games but "today" content is one of element of the multilayer games), bad optimization, problem with NET code, game.

I think there are two objectives AA4 need to complete to succeed. "First impression" and "teach new gamers" about "Tactical Shooter" genre. Good luck :mrgreen:

well said..

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am 

That is a good and accurate post Terel made about AA3.. however after a little while I still found it fun'er to play than AA2 .. as good as AA2 was for so many years.. even old Ferraris get old

hopefully AA4 will be what AA3 should have been yrs ago.. good luck in deed

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:39 pm 

nuclear_boom wrote:
12ampage wrote:

I'm sorry that you felt frustrated by this thread.
Nothing you said about movement is true. AA3 movement is well done. The only problem stays on lag, due to pingers joining servers that they should not join. Most of AA2 hardcore players played not more than 20 hrs AA3, and they did it, 3-4 years ago, when the game was a real bug. Play it now, or better you should have played it when AA3.2 version was active. You shouldn't just play it, but practice a lot, and than you will enjoy it very much, when first kills come out, and you'll feel a real pro.

Nuclear had one of the more valid posts. call me an AA2 fanboy. i grew up playing AA1-AA2 and couldnt have been more excited for AA3. AA3 launch was a disaster. i gave AA3 a shot after every patch and i can tell u that nothing changed and Nuclear is still 100% accurate. u dont have the fluid movements in AA3 that u did in AA2.

i hope AA4 brings back what AA was and redeems itself as a game. im not looking for AA2 gameplay, but a smooth game. AA4 has a lot of ground to prove especially if it wants to stand up to such shooters as Battlefield 3/4's infantry play

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:47 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
That is a good and accurate post Terel made about AA3.. however after a little while I still found it fun'er to play than AA2 .. as good as AA2 was for so many years.. even old Ferraris get old

hopefully AA4 will be what AA3 should have been yrs ago.. good luck in deed

i don't know about you, but old Ferraris are still fun to drive.

the real problems from the games aren't the idea of percieved problems but several very real ones.

AA2 had been built up by years of work, by a great number of people. when it launched it had bugs. no different than AA3. some of you will remember the jesus bug of 1.7, and many more like it.

AA2 started small but grew, in the end having a surplus of great levels. Pipeline, Weapons Cache (and SE), Bridge, Mountain Pass, (one of my favorites) Radio Tower. AA3 never grew quite like AA2 did.

the game play was sloppy. Lack of good communication with teammates (hand signals, shouts, whispers). The guns felt wimpy, like shooting a bb gun. This is after a large amount of time was spent during AA2 to get the feel for the guns just right.

Things move on from the past, nothing stays the same. AA3's biggest failure wasn't in reaching for the future, but in not honoring its past.

i spent 50-60 hours trying to like AA3, but in the end, the game play got to me.

*in regards to graphics, they looked nice once you cut the bloom off. muddy textures, bad resolutions supported, no AA, etc. AA3 had it bad all the way around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion