Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: AA4 "Proving Grounds"??
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:09 pm 

*Words*

:)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 pm 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm 

<3

EDIT - :-D

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm 

Dr0pK1ck wrote:
We also have to remember, AA didn't take a whole lot to Run. Anyone and there mother could basically run the game from there PC's.

Thats not really true, contemporary low end pc's could not run the game flat out as i.e Intel video chip never was supported/worked.
I remember switching from a "nice" Intel single core cpu and a half decent video card(TI4400 i think) to AMD athlon dual core with a 7800GTX card, it was the first time i could run all maps at highest settings, and that was a pretty high end pc at that time.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm 

frankof wrote:
i.e Intel video chip never was supported/worked.

sometimes people get lucky.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:14 am 

frankof wrote:
Dr0pK1ck wrote:
We also have to remember, AA didn't take a whole lot to Run. Anyone and there mother could basically run the game from there PC's.

Thats not really true, contemporary low end pc's could not run the game flat out as i.e Intel video chip never was supported/worked.
I remember switching from a "nice" Intel single core cpu and a half decent video card(TI4400 i think) to AMD athlon dual core with a 7800GTX card, it was the first time i could run all maps at highest settings, and that was a pretty high end pc at that time.

I always had a generic computer until 2.7. I could run the game all on Low, and it ran smooth. (I'm not a fan of running settings on high anyways, as I could could careless how a game looks, as long as I enjoy the gameplay, its whatever.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 pm 

I think aa3 is still remarkably versatile in machines it runs on. My 2.2 ghz MacBook with 2GB of ram and a 124mb graphics card runs it playably on most maps at lowest settings. It's got a beasty bus though. :)

I loved aa2, it was my introduction to gaming. But things move on. Aa3 introduces more realism in every area, and that does substantially alter gameplay. But I personally prefer the new, more complex gameplay. Things like realistic SAPI plate armor modeling, which confused many new aa3 players, make perfect sense to me. Incapacitation, medic tree, all things which closely relate to real army training. That's the point of aa3. The only fault I would level is that some of it (armor) is poorly explained in game. Some more infantry training missions with short, simple explanation of these things would probably help. "Oh, so that's why three to the chest doesn't kill this guy, it takes at least three rounds from a 5.56 to shatter an intact SAPI ceramic armor plate." No other game even tries to model that, even though that kind of armor is standard issue for most militaries. I'm tired of the gaming world ignoring reality in favor of gameplay. Aa3 shapes gameplay around reality as much as possible, and I think it works. It's nothing like aa2, and I don't think it should be.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion