Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA4 "Proving Grounds"??
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 am 

Bratwurste wrote:
like i said previously, will not be easy for AA2 guys to adapt on PG.

It will not be easy for them to adapt to ANY other game than aa2.

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 am 

have you googled army proving grounds>>>??? try it, youll understand

it will explain what proving grounds are

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 am 

I have played since AA 1.9 till the end and then i started playing AA3. I once tried to play AA2 again but didnot like it anymore i liked AA3 beter. I dont know if it will be the same for AA:PG i hope it will be more like AA3 than AA2.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:51 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:
don't trust facebook : it's the devil.

:lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm 

[?]Flatlander wrote:
Bratwurste wrote:
like i said previously, will not be easy for AA2 guys to adapt on PG.

It will not be easy for them to adapt to ANY other game than aa2.

Not exactly. I've adapted to OTHER games like Battlefield. The only thing is that I don't understand, why change something that was so good? AA2 was basically a continuation of AA. AA3 turned into a whole new game. Sure I understand, there was a new engine or whatever they wanted to use. I liked a couple of maps on AA3, but it was nowhere near as deep as AA2 was. With all the old maps - Bridge, Pipeline, Mountain Pass, MOUT, JRTC Farm Raid, Weapons Cache. Then with the newer maps. Bridge SE, Mountain Pass SE (I think?), Weapons Cache SE. Then came the SF maps. Hospital, CSAR, Water Treatment. And then vehicles on top of all that! All of that was packed into a single game.

I just don't understand why you would end authentication for AA2 if you're going to build an entirely new game and then lose a lot of the community.

It's not difficult for me to adapt to PG. But as far as a game with an "America's Army" title, it does not match AA2. I see the potential, yes, but they gotta get rid of this video game like atmosphere on PG and get back to what America's Army was. If they cannot, I do not see the community coming back. I feel that the America's Army community now consists of adults that want the old gameplay back. At least I am one of them. I played AA and AA2 in high school and had so much fun playing it! They were not going to get any new kids into the community by just stopping AA3 production and moving right into AA4 (and meanwhile disabling authentication for AA2). The kids these days all play their CoD and BF games, which is cool, but they are not going to turn away from those games for a bugged out difficult to play AA3 and now a cartoonish AA4. They just aren't.

It's difficult to start over from scratch with this AA4 and expect a community to reappear when AA2 is the game we loved. I really hope that if Proving Grounds turns out to be a bust that they just reopen authentication for AA2 and we get to play that again.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:17 pm 

i think the success AA2 had was down to timing, it was a good game released at the right time that spread like wildfire, friends told friends about it, who went and told there aunties brother. today first person shooter games are common as muck and tend to be repetitive, the whole concept of fps in general has been thrashed to death. it would take something completely new and innovative for AA to be as it once was.

sad fact.. no version of AA will live up to the success AA2 had, that is the truth. or can a miracle happen?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:37 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
i think the success AA2 had was down to timing, it was a good game released at the right time that spread like wildfire, friends told friends about it, who went and told there aunties brother. today first person shooter games are common as muck and tend to be repetitive, the whole concept of fps in general has been thrashed to death. it would take something completely new and innovative for AA to be as it once was.

sad fact.. no version of AA will live up to the success AA2 had, that is the truth. or can a miracle happen?

We also have to remember, AA didn't take a whole lot to Run. Anyone and there mother could basically run the game from there PC's. Where as now, you need a half way decent PC to run AA3, or even AA: PG for that matter. AA2 was a great FREE game that at that time, was good for its time. I'm still in love with it, and miss it terribly.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion