Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 142
Location: Springfield,IL
hfatty wrote:
Just one question, those who think strafe shooting is definitaly OK, why aren't you playing COD or UT or QUAKE, if you just wanna shoot somebody and test your refelx, seriously ,why?


dude, give it up.. your not going to win this argument no matter how dumb you make yourself look.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 1:51 am
Posts: 23
frankof wrote:
hfatty wrote:
Just one question, those who think strafe shooting is definitaly OK, why aren't you playing COD or UT or QUAKE, if you just wanna shoot somebody and test your refelx, seriously ,why?

why do you assume that "we" dont?
It is legal to enjoy other games than AA ;)

So what other games do you play, why did you play AA in the 1st place, is it because you can do strafe shooting or bunny hopping?

Maybe your problem IS mistakening AA for one of those games.


Last edited by hfatty on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 1:51 am
Posts: 23
DeadZombie wrote:
hfatty wrote:
Just one question, those who think strafe shooting is definitaly OK, why aren't you playing COD or UT or QUAKE, if you just wanna shoot somebody and test your refelx, seriously ,why?


dude, give it up.. your not going to win this argument no matter how dumb you make yourself look.

I guess you've never played games like ARMA, or old Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Do you think games like those or ppl played those games are dumb, there's no wrong in asking for more tacticals in such a game like AA, but of cause not to those spoiled by COD likes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:44 pm
Posts: 3835
Location: Gothenborg, SWE
hfatty wrote:
frankof wrote:
hfatty wrote:
Just one question, those who think strafe shooting is definitaly OK, why aren't you playing COD or UT or QUAKE, if you just wanna shoot somebody and test your refelx, seriously ,why?

why do you assume that "we" dont?
It is legal to enjoy other games than AA ;)

So what other games do you play, why did you play AA in the 1st place, is it because you can do strafe shooting or bunny hopping?

Maybe your problem IS mistakening AA for one of those games.

Want me to list them all from pong till present day?
(yeah, i played pong in the 70's when it came)

And my problem is not identifying what game i play, my problem is games not doing what i want, when i want it, how i want it.
I dont think variable mouse speed, random bullet patterns and "random" weapons sway are a great thing in games, its just artificial handicapping making game play a game of chance, it removes all types of skill, the lucky one that landed a random round to a lethal hitbox will walk away.
Might as well decide the outcome of a shoot out with a cointoss.

And before any simfreaks states that weapons etc sway in real life, yes they do, but theres never anything random about how it behaves as you get constant feedback from everything in your surroundings, in games you have a mouse and keyboard, no feedback except from visual.

_________________
Image Image
Games don't create violence, lag does!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 142
Location: Springfield,IL
hfatty wrote:
DeadZombie wrote:
hfatty wrote:
Just one question, those who think strafe shooting is definitaly OK, why aren't you playing COD or UT or QUAKE, if you just wanna shoot somebody and test your refelx, seriously ,why?


dude, give it up.. your not going to win this argument no matter how dumb you make yourself look.

I guess you've never played games like ARMA, or old Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Do you think games like those or ppl played those games are dumb, there's no wrong in asking for more tacticals in such a game like AA, but of cause not to those spoiled by COD likes.


now you think your gonna win by putting words in my mouth? you've licked alot of windows in your life i imagine, but regardless if you did it with a helmet on, or not, that's not the point. Yes, I have played Ghost Recon, rainbow 6, ARMA blah blah blah... this isn't any of those games, its "Americas Army", and trying to make it like other games isn't what people love about "Americas Army". Americas Army is it's own beast, so if you like what the "other" games have, then go play them, don't try to turn this into some other game on the market. and stop saying CoD..the only way you would know anything about CoD, is if your a CoD fanboy. then you say CoD has nothing tactical, in so many words. seriously? you evidently know nothing about tactical imho, but then again, your probably a pub-star, and have never played any kind of competition, which is where you see ALOT of the tactical in any game, is played out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Denmark
m8´ perhaps chess will be a better game for you hfatty ...think your in the wrong index here :) :mrgreen: and you say bunny jump will come back in AA4 ??? perhaps the NeXT version is 3.8 and not 4....just like the iphone 4s.. hehe . No one knows what the Next version will bring,,,,,,

_________________
GhostRider : up to date.
Panic-Attack


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1212
Location: VIP Room
Guys....just wait for the next version. Stop arguing over what will or will not affect the next version it's counter productive.

:)

_________________
Image
Image
- Join Our clan -


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 1:51 am
Posts: 23
to Frankof:
I think there's been some misunderstanding, 1st of all, I never suggested that AA should go fully sim, however the realism in this game is what makes it distinctive, or else we'd all be playing COD or BF, you want exciting firefight those are clearly better choices.
What I was asking for, and I think many players of this game would want is a balance point between realism and gameplay. Of cause you can choose to move when you are shooting, but if you can still get excellant accuracy while moving, that would not make any sense since we had a accuracy bar which meant to remind and encourage ppl
that you only get best accuracy while proning, and not after running or jumping or being shot at or even being shocked by a grenade exploded nearby. Clearly this game valued realism, and clearly getting good accuracy is not that easy in such a game, however it can all be corrected by moving, seriously, still doesn't sound ridiculous to you? And I did say just not in such a ridiculous way like in AA2, who said anything about going sim-like. And even in CS you shoot when you're still, I don't see how that lowers anyone's performance of skills.

Also may I point out tatics are part of your skills!


Last edited by hfatty on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 1:51 am
Posts: 23
to Deadzombie:
I didn't put anything in your mouth, cos that's rude, and I ain't you.
If you wanna talk about tacs, 1st they exist in most games, but different games have different emphases and different ways of tacs, for instance, there're tacs in both QK and CS, but they don't quite emphasis the same things, do they? Neither do AA and COD. If you go run & shoot like then the emphasis wouldn't quite land on tacs, it'd be more reflex than tacs. And if you think AA should be such a game, then how does it differ from other run & shoot types? Perhaps you can "lecture" me about how AA is so unique with some details.

And btw, I can't believe old RB6 fans or GR fans or ARMA fans would be so into r & s type, but of couse, if you claim you've played those games(not the VEGAS and new GR) or even being a core fan, then who am I to doubt it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Posts: 320
Location: Independence, MO
Window licker. I haven't heard that in a while. I guess it's a lot better than some of the terms I used as a Staff Sergeant.

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron