Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 pm 

2 things from the old game have to go.
A:fog
Unrealistic fog is ... well, unrealistic,and it totaly affects the strategies of the game. So me suggestion is to make a new game with a clear view, just like in ARMA, AA needs maps in day light with a clear long veiw distance, but of cos we can add fogged weather to the maps to diversify the strategies.

B:bunny hop
You know what problem it cosez, kinda why in AA3 jumpping is removed. Since they've dicided to allow jumpping again in AA4, I suggest to change side jump into a big side step/leap during which you can't shoot, and should take about 1 sec to do another, and also should slower the speed when moving from L to R/ R to L a lil, should even show the animation of shifting weight from one side to another, cos on real battle field soldiers should be still when shooting, also lowering the acuracy when moving would be necessary.

Post subject: Re: de-fog/bunny hop
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm 

you don't read other topics do you?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5615

Last edited by DeadZombie on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 pm 

hfatty wrote:
Unrealistic fog is ... well, unrealistic,and it totaly affects the strategies of the game. So me suggestion is to make a new game with a clear view, just like in ARMA, AA needs maps in day light with a clear long veiw distance, but of cos we can add fogged weather to the maps to diversify the strategies.

you just contradicted your own statement

hfatty wrote:
You know what problem it cosez, kinda why in AA3 jumpping is removed. Since they've dicided to allow jumpping again in AA4, I suggest to change side jump into a big side step/leap during which you can't shoot, and should take about 1 sec to do another, and also should slower the speed when moving from L to R/ R to L a lil, should even show the animation of shifting weight from one side to another, cos on real battle field soldiers should be still when shooting, also lowering the acuracy when moving would be necessary.

so your saying if you move sideways, you should go in slow motion? kinda of silly/dumb in "my" opinion. not sure how you can say "on the real battlefield soldiers should be still." since I'm sure you've never stepped foot on the "real" battlefield. I've seen a ton of times where a soldier can / does move sideways and still shoot for cover, or just out of pure panic hoping they hit or scare someone from shooting in their direction.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:35 pm 

A clear long view distance? Well there's airfield. But in general, large open areas with no fog and little cover tend to make maps snipefests and the DMR ridiculously powerful. I think there's a foggy and clear version of bridge already.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm 

thanks for the laugh bro

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 am 

TheDeTour wrote:
A clear long view distance? Well there's airfield. But in general, large open areas with no fog and little cover tend to make maps snipefests and the DMR ridiculously powerful. I think there's a foggy and clear version of bridge already.

So you think there's also fog everywhere you need in real life, kinda a lil too convenient, huh?

When I say long view distance doesn't mean there should not be any cover, also it's when smoke grenades and suppressive fire come to use, it's not COD, strategies actually mean a lot in this game, as all AA1/2 players would know.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 am 

DeadZombie wrote:
hfatty wrote:

you just contradicted your own statement

hfatty wrote:

so your saying if you move sideways, you should go in slow motion? kinda of silly/dumb in "my" opinion. not sure how you can say "on the real battlefield soldiers should be still." since I'm sure you've never stepped foot on the "real" battlefield. I've seen a ton of times where a soldier can / does move sideways and still shoot for cover, or just out of pure panic hoping they hit or scare someone from shooting in their direction.

I don't see how they are contradicted, also where did you see soldiers shoot while moving sideways, in the movies, or are you one of those battlefield journalists?

Anyways, when you "see" them strafe shooting, can they shoot accurately? If not,read my post again.

Also I never suggested any slowmo or whatnot, if you have ever played the old game you would see how unrealistic the hopping/strafing was, even basketball players can't do that, and they're trained to move swiftly, also they're not bearing any equipments.

And again for the 1 million time it is not COD, nobody goes L R L R L R when shooting in real life, let alone the ridiculous accuracy, I know it's not a simulation, but realism IS one of the most important distinguishing features in AA!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 am 

those realism freaks, even in arma you can strafe and shoot, but again ITS A GAME!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:25 am 

krIz+ wrote:
those realism freaks, even in arma you can strafe and shoot, but again ITS A GAME!!!

Strafe OK, but rediculously strafe, not OK.
And I know it's a game, yet strafe shooting helps the gameplay how?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 am 

you realy expect everyone to stand still and shoot? some want to strafe and shoot some dont, why force people? in aa2 i was strafing really fast while shooting m16 burst fire, it helps to handle the recoil.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion