Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion (AA4)
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 am 

Yapp, I was not implying that I was overlooked merely because the process is flawed. I honestly cannot remember if I ever applied to the public beta or not. Im sure you can go back through the apps and look but it is what it is.

Im only saying that people here WANT to help out testing etc....but do not see any "openings" for the spot. I only said that it seems that anticheat orgs have quote unquote preference because of the listing in the beta group here. I have no idea how many there are as a whole.

Am I mad because Im not a beta tester? Absolutely not.

Do I want to help out and make sure aa(insert next version here) is a success? Yes

I am passionate about this game because I love it. Go ask all the 1.6 counterstrike players if they liked cs source? They hated it....because it wasnt a 1.6ish game. Thats the same way I felt about aa3....it didnt have the aa2 feel to it. Thats my personal preference.
Some people loved aa3....but unfortunately I didn't share everyone else's enthusiasm.

I just don't want to see that happen again.

Visit our website - http://www.teamfod.com
Ingame tag - {FOD}V@POR
Steam id - nwo_vapor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 am 

Only for correction: This post is not related to "how you should select the beta testers", I just would like to see beta testers with some special point of view. I really don't care, if people have to apply or are invited by the head admins to be a beta tester.

The fact is, there have to be more testers for competition play. Most of them dont even know how to play competitive games, because its really really different from public game.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 am 

90% of the time Brat, I would agree with that statement.. the problem is this is AA !! and the ones that have stuck around and love the game, know whats wrong and know what they want.. trust me the hard core guys on here criticize the game more than give biased input.

with a daily player base of ~200 in AA3.. heck we should all be Betas because that number is absolutely SAD !! and if we want this game to grow into something more, were gonna need all the help we can get.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 am 

If they dont get professionals to test maps, mechanics, time based actions, other "pro gamers" will break the gameplay, like @ AA 3.0.8.2 *whistle* ^^
But the restriction of anything is the wrong way. And the Devs already doing it right, see Jump-Discussion.

They learned from mistakes, working together with the community and I am sure they will hire some professional gamers.

I really see a future for americas army if everything run as planned.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am 

Doba is correct! Think about it. All of the complaining and bug reporting that happens on this forum is done by AA Fans. All of you in this forum and in this topic are AA Fans.

As you know there are things you don't like about it. Some here rarely play but still remain because they are fans of this game. The Beta Team are the same. We have AA2 fans that don't like AA3, we have competition players, we have hardcore gamers that play every FPS title. I will also say that they have been very critical of the game and its design. In comparison to comments from Beta Testers there are not many new ideas or comments here.

Beta Testers do not design the game. Beta Testers do not build the game. Beta Testers do not make decisions about the game. Beta Testers test the game, report issues and give feedback.

Beta Testers do a great job and are professional, unbiased and critical.

Btw, this forum is watched very closely by Developers and Testers alike. Just because your not a Beta Tester does not mean your voice is not heard. I would suggest that when you post you do so respectfully. Not saying be nice, actually the opposite. Be critical and be honest but be respectful and constructive. Give suggestions where possible.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 am 

All of you guys did sign up for this didn't you? : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6681

And Yapple is telling it like it is.

Post subject: Will AA4 be good like AA2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:17 am 

I liked it a lot better with AA2 and used to spend nearly four to five hours every day playing the game. AA3 has driven me out of it.

1) For starters, I don't like this complicated Steam thing. I would rather prefer to download the game as an executable file, install it and reinstall it whenever I need to.

2) With AA2, logging in was simple and easy. Switching between servers was equally simple and easy.

3) AA2 had better natural sounds and visual effects (where is Ragdoll in AA3?). Gunshots, blasts and snipers were all a lot better.

I can't question the developers as to why they made AA so unplayable with version 3 since this is a free game and I don't pay for its costs. But I can request them to bring us back the fun this game always offered before.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:53 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 pm 

Quote:
Beta testers dont make suggestions, Beta testers only test and report.

Thats not true..
Beta testers are a very important part of the development of a game..Not only do they test all aspects of the game they communicate with the developers on all levels throughout development process...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion