Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Suggestion (AA4)
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:05 am 

hey AA-Devs, hey AA-Community,

my name is Ray and I am a fan of AA and started playing it since version 1.7 till now. You know me maybe from some Youtube-Videos. I heard something about AA4 and was excited, so I want to suggest something.

If you guys really plan to make AA4 more competitive instead of full casual, please get more beta testers.

In AA3 I saw a few beta testers they did a really good job on reporting bugs/glitches/errors, but I am sure the community did it well too. But thats not enough for a game which focuses competitive gaming too. Let me explain:

There are many players who play AA in their sparetime to have fun and want to be a part of the community. But on the other side there are players, like me, who focuses to be one of the best players on world in AA. On the highst level of competitive gaming. I usually dont play public, I like very tactical matches where you have to think more instead of RUN and SHOOT.

And thats only possible if the beta testers, which are focused on pro gaming, test the game deeper. Something like new maps for possible tactics, timed rushes (is it fair or not), what would be the counters, are there more possibilities to do that and that, etc...

If AA involves these testers into the beta program, AA4 could get an very importent part of competitive gaming. Especially for tournaments and cups. AA2 did the first steps, AA3 failed to go this path but AA4 could go into the right direction.

Its my point of view and opinion, if you guys want to focus onto that. Gaming on a very high level is very important. Please dont forget that :/

I am really sorry for my bad english and hope you understand the above text. If you have any questions, so feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Ray

Post subject: Re: Suggestion (AA4)
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 am 

nice post...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Good information i agree with you on that... :)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 am 

Totally!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm 

I agree, beta testing is vital for the release of the final game.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 pm 

I agree with the above and would like to extract one of the things from above.

I feel the beta program even though is doing very well, but the beta testers program needs to be opened up to more then just recommendation from other beta testers. Reason I say that is I find people with the same playing style play together, join clans together, and do the same things. Thus different tactics and options are rarely used. If you open it up to the rest of the AA community that is very involved in the game and would be happy to put hours of work into the game every day to make it better then ever. In my opinion, these are the people that also should have the option to get invited to the beta program along side the current testers.

I am looking forward to AA4.

Josh
-=Delta_Force=-
Playing since AA 1.2

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm 

Great post Ray, lets hope they open it up? Lee iococa always had smart people and people who didnt share his ideas just to balance it all out. Just because some of us hated aa3 should not keep us from being beta testers imo.

A broader range of players helping would benefit more I think.

Visit our website - http://www.teamfod.com
Ingame tag - {FOD}V@POR
Steam id - nwo_vapor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm 

That is a very common assumption that all testers are invited from other testers. This is simply not true, the invitations are merely one method of recruitment and we have recruited using open applications, most active players and contributing members of the forum.

Follow the link in my sig for the real Beta Information and ignore the rumors.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm 

I logged thousands of hours of aa2, maybe 5 hours on aa3....and have been fairly active on these forums / old forums.

This site contains 25 "beta testers" in the phpbb group and only 3 people have over 100 posts.
Saying forum activity has bearing....i think might be stretching it.

Countless people have asked over and over to help test but are either ignored or passed over for others. Most (not all) are from anti-cheating websites that help the community. Is that bad? No but the devs are sort of sending a message that we could interpret as "if you are a staff member of xyz anticheat org, than you can beta test". I'm unfamiliar with the others but most I know of belonging to : aon or aci

And just because joe the player doesn't run an anticheat organization or played this game since day 1...should not count us out as potential beta testers.

Visit our website - http://www.teamfod.com
Ingame tag - {FOD}V@POR
Steam id - nwo_vapor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 am 

I think your paying too much attention to the forum group on here. Most current testers are not in that group. Most testers prefer to remain anonymous.

During the AA2 Development and Testing it was very difficult to even be noticed as there were a massive number of highly active players. That said just prior to AA3 initial release in January 2009 there was an Beta Application open to the public. There were over 14,000 applicants and were brought in a very diverse group. Even after the initial AA3 release there were still many players that did not make the switch to AA3 that was later recruited even a year later. The doors were not closed only the focus was changed.

This discussion could go on for days but I will not do that. The point remains...

We have and do recruit from outside the circle. We also recruit from inside the circle. We look for a variety of players from a variety of places. We do exactly what was posted above.

I would also point out that my association with Anticheat had nothing to do with my recruitment into the program, I earned my spot. There was never a time where the Developers or Beta Captains contacted the Anticheat organizations and asked them to join (I should know since I am a co-founder of an Anticheat org and a Beta Captain). Those Anticheat members who are also Beta are there because they either applied to the Beta Team in January 2009 when the Beta Application was opened for the public or were invited through normal recruitment processes (Activity or Beta Tester Invite).

I will close by saying that recruitment is always an ongoing process and you never know when it is your turn. Assuming our process is flawed simply because you have not yet been invited is just wrong. There are more people to choose from than you realize so finding you might take a while. If you have been overlooked so far all I can say is keep up the hard work and you might get the chance but be warned that a Beta Tester has a job to do and most of the time it will feel more like work than a game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion