Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: 1080p full screen in next AA3?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm 

here some info about tv and pc screens. just dont forget this game has almost 4 years and in 2009 the console fever was not so hot as it is today.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-573 ... -monitors/

this have a reason,
major screen/monitor manufacturers are trying to make as standard the 1080p screens, just because is more advantageous (economically speaking) to fabricate only one screen format.
also gaming industry is forcing them to move in 1080p direction since most of the games are made for consoles and because of that games are made for tv resolutions and aspect ratios. the same with movie/cinema industry.
thats why now major brands are selling screens with tv format announcing them as pc screens.
probably in short time pc screens will disapear from market or may become really expensive in comparision to tv screen format, its all a matter of offer and demand and consumers are being educated to demand 1080p since it is being sold as "true HD".

this does not mean that a 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio is a pc screen or is the best screen to achieve the best resolution/quality in a pc.
those who seek and want the best image quality still will chose a 16:10 screen.

hope i have contributed to minimize ignorance, generally speaking.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 am 

Bratwurste wrote:
here some info about tv and pc screens. just dont forget this game has almost 4 years and in 2009 the console fever was not so hot as it is today.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-573 ... -monitors/

this have a reason,
major screen/monitor manufacturers are trying to make as standard the 1080p screens, just because is more advantageous (economically speaking) to fabricate only one screen format.
also gaming industry is forcing them to move in 1080p direction since most of the games are made for consoles and because of that games are made for tv resolutions and aspect ratios. the same with movie/cinema industry.
thats why now major brands are selling screens with tv format announcing them as pc screens.
probably in short time pc screens will disapear from market or may become really expensive in comparision to tv screen format, its all a matter of offer and demand and consumers are being educated to demand 1080p since it is being sold as "true HD".

this does not mean that a 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio is a pc screen or is the best screen to achieve the best resolution/quality in a pc.
those who seek and want the best image quality still will chose a 16:10 screen.

I had to buy a new screen recently and watched out for 16:10 screens a long time.
But then I compared the prices to the many 16:9 monitors and the decision was pretty easy.
Just took a little bigger size and have black bars, who cares?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

HerrKaputt wrote:
Am I the only one who got disconcerted at seeing a moderator call a forum member "ignorant"?

Na mate, read the first page and you can see me having a dig about it.
fed up "customers" having a go at a "company" is one thing but the company having a go at its customers is not the done thing. The Americas army team couldent give a rats [TOS Violation] about the people who play AA and there desperation to save the game the developers have ruined.

My screen is advertised and sold by samsung as a monitor with a tuner built in NOT the other way round but i guess im ignorant too. Jokers, the lot of them.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm 

Bratwurste wrote:

hey, its ok.. next time (after now admitting my ignorance) maybe i will choose a 16:10 aspect ratio screen, then i can enjoy 'everything other than AA3' with letterboxes.. pillarboxes.

urm nah, actually i will pass. but i would still like to know if the next version will have support for such unknowingly ignorant folks riding with '16:9 PC MONITORS'.

yes or no answer, favorably from devs who are working on the game.. and its that simple, infact thats all it would take to lock this ignorant topic. can someone whom devs take notice of please pass this on to an actual developer, for some closure at least?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

uni-sol wrote:
yes or no answer, favorably from devs who are working on the game.. and its that simple, infact thats all it would take to lock this ignorant topic. can someone whom devs take notice of please pass this on to an actual developer, for some closure at least?

Hey Sol,
Note the usual silence after asking for a factual response from someone "official"

But we are ignorant so why should they bother with us

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 pm 

maybe, just maybe.. its not really us who are the ignorant ones?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:49 pm 

This topic is going no where.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion