Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1080p full screen in next AA3?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 am 
Fireworks Fanatic

really old discussion. it's about FOV and not related to 16:9. AA4 will have FS, so don't waste your time lol. sry. i prefer 16:9 too.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

Am I the only one who got disconcerted at seeing a moderator call a forum member "ignorant"?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 pm 

I dont see no one calling a forum member ignorant.
I see ignorants blaming the game because they dont know what is the diference between a TV screen and a PC screen.
The words of moderator were more than appropriate.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm 

Bratwurste wrote:
I dont see no one calling a forum member ignorant.
I see ignorants blaming the game because they dont know what is the diference between a TV screen and a PC screen.
The words of moderator were more than appropriate.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong. My interpretation was that anyone who used 1920x1080 on a PC was somehow ignorant, and that indirectly the OP was being called ignorant.

I must also be misinterpreting your post. I am currently typing this on my computer screen which is 1920x1080, which also doubles as my TV. It has both DVI and antenna inputs. I'm sure you'll agree that this is one screen only, so I'll ask you: is it a TV or a PC screen? How can I (an ignorant, it appears) tell the difference? I always thought a screen was a screen, and a screen is a device which shows whatever is on its input (or the selected input if there are several).

BTW, I'm not attacking AA3's choice of using black bars to force all players to the same field of view. I'm attacking this ridiculous "1920x1080 isn't a PC screen" theory -- even though I hate 16:9 screens myself.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm 

God thx i buyed my 27" with 1920x1080 AFTER i stopped AA3. Lucky me AA25 runs fine with it :D

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm 

just my .02, i use a 42" LED toshiba 120Hz HDtv which is ONLY for my PC, which i run 16:9 1920x1080 full screen for aa3. i use nvidia control panel to make the screen go full. i dont see any distortion on my screen whatsoever. actually with the black bars (no nvidia panel tweaks) i see things actually cut off, such as admin messages shortened or letters mashed up, with the full screen all is good. Weird i know as im assuming this tv is 16:9, but hey it works for me. I use it for ALL games on the pc, and the clarity on the LED is second to none.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm 

HerrKaputt wrote:
Am I the only one who got disconcerted at seeing a moderator call a forum member "ignorant"?

no, i was also slightly disconcerted. i am ignorant because of the awesome looking monitor i chose to buy, and not specifically for use with just AA3.. for everyday use, both for movies and games, non of which, might i add.. have me needing to put up with black bars.

wow

so begs the same question, will the new version of AA support any ignorant people who have bought 16:9 tv/monitors to be able to enjoy the game fullscreen?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
so begs the same question, will the new version of AA support any ignorant people who have bought 16:9 tv/monitors to be able to enjoy the game fullscreen?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm 

Well that's where we are going. It's not the year of 2000. It's 2013 where some people have smart TVs. I am sure in the next 5-10 years we all have displays that are TV/PC/Media/Music/Games/Photos/Work, etc. That's the point. There is no old TV anymore. It's ancient. TV and Computer are combined these days...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 pm 

If you bought a 16:9 screen because it suits your needs the best, then your not ignorant, obviously.
Theres nothing wrong with 16:9.

My TV is 16:9, its perfect for watching tv, strange isnt it? ;)
Its not so great for movies actually, as the normal movie ratio is (close to)21:9, not 16:9, 16:9 is a WS-TV standard that got pushed really hard together with HDTV.
("everyone" bought anything as long as it said HD somewhere on the product)
I use 8:5 for my computer as its a little higher than 16:9 and with 1920X1200 i also see a little more of i.e. documents.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion