Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA4, a possible key to success?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am 

Quote:
Here we go again!

There has not been a valid reason given yet for not having jumping in AA.

Unless you're new here then you would have already gotten your reason. In the original AA and in AA 2.0 EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER was whinging and crying about people "bunny-hopping" to avoid being shot (or at least in order to take dmg in the legs thus lasting through more hits). People would get kicked from servers for it.... then try and file support cases... it was a frakkin' nightmare!

votekick johnny jump alot - reason: Bunny-hopping...

So AA eventually got sick of the whining and eliminated it...

My personal feeling.... they should have simply put a 2 second timer between jumps. I think bunny hopping should have been allowed but it seems it's the "norm" in PVP games that bunny hopping is a crime. But my opinion is near worthless becase AA is the only PVP game I've ever really played for any length of time.

Menace

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:53 am 

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 am 

I understand that this is a game. No need to comment afterwards on that. My main problem with it is that it's not realistic. While AA is not completely realistic overall, it is meant to provide a simulation of realism that a soldier is likely to encounter. With that being said, it is almost guaranteed that you are not going to find soldiers in war jumping around in any form or fashion to dodge fire. If you think that it's fun or do it for an edge, that is fine and it works well in other games. With the way that people use it for gaming, it doesn't deserve a place in AA.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm 

Never understood the whole bunny hopper argument...they are easier to kill jumping around like idiots. When they jump : they are not shooting.

Visit our website - http://www.teamfod.com
Ingame tag - {FOD}V@POR
Steam id - nwo_vapor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:09 pm 

its more a case of them jump bullet dodging (neo style) until your out of ammo then as you reload they stop jumping to shoot you while your changing mag.

that and the fact it looks idiotic.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am 

How about AA3 2.0 ...without the bug infestation which pretty much amounts to a biblical plague in this game.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:08 pm 

Like all this attention to teamwork! Keep it up devs.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:24 am 

uni-sol wrote:
disagree, AA4 needs to be completely new, a total re-invention of AA for today standard of games. bring along a couple of familiar maps for sure, but focus more on new ones. have it feel like a knock off of COD if you must or battlefield to ensure its success! above all cram it with features, more weapons, maps and variety!

actually what am i saying?! please, please.. i hope they remake AA2 with the graphics of AA3, please devs make it the exact same gameplay wise to keep the exact same feel as AA2 had.

then after its release lets see if it would be as successful as AA2 once was, i think i know what would happen but i really, really want to see it happen. like i said once before somewhere, AA2 was only good for its time, to re-release the same game now with only a rehash of its graphics would be a big mistake, i [TOS Violation] you not. yeah, maybe it would bring back a couple hundred hardcore, AA2 fans, but them guys will find fault with everything that is not actually 'THE' AA2, then its back to square one, a dead game.

ps i dont hate AA2 even if it looks like i might. AA2 was good at the time.

AAO didn't follow the standard of anything yet it was most successful!
What you asked for today's standard and a total re-invention ain't gonna happen,cos it's either totally re-inventioned or today's standard which is COD style.Going re-in is too risky considering we've already got an unseccessful case of AA3,but going COD style would've totally destroyed this series since again we've already got AA3.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 am 

what i was saying is thousands of people play games like COD and Battlefield, would it be such a bad thing to tap into that playerbase?

i know AA is never going to be like COD or BF, and maybe for good reason but no one can disagree that them titles are not massively successful.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:38 am 

You know what's more successful,Chinese online games,we have hundreds of millions of playerbase,you wanna make money,you go CN online game style,you can give up the whole world but in China alone you can still make much more money.Yet digits don't make CN online games any better than rubbish!
What I'm saying is that I get what your point is,but mainstream or not,it doesn't decide whether a game is successful or not!
For instance,ARMA series is no doubt a great one even with limited playerbase cos of its key essence,and the old Rainbow Sixes and old Ghost Recons.And also series such as Quake,CS,Halo & etc have all been great,not becos they followed mainstream,but becos they were unique at the time,and some even lead the mainstream,then they all stayed active for more than ten years!
And then again look at those games followed the mainstream these days,what has happened to them?New Rainbows,new Ghosts,new Crysis,new everything,they may have been well sold,but are they still being talked about a lot now,would you believe in the loyalty of the communities of those games?
If you follow other's lead,doesnt matter how many of you followers there are,it's the leader who's gonna shine!
And AA4 cannot lose like last time again trying to introduce other games essence into it,cos AA has its own style,and its essence is quite different from others,it's like transpanting a kidny or a liver,ain't that easy!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion