Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA4, a possible key to success?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:54 pm 

I will probably get slammed for this... I feel that AA3 did this well by eliminating jumping. Many will argue that people can run and gun too easy in AA3, but there are many variables to that scenario that are left out in the statements I see in these forums. Without the ability to bunny hop, people have to more carefully make decisions about how to go in solo or work as a team to infiltrate particular areas of the map.

Beat me now.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm 

i agree with you this is all about game designing. Id like to point out that as things are now, objectievs and leadership mean nothing. MOst of games are and will be PUGs if the server structure will be implemented just like this. You need to carefully, no, really, forcefully have players to swallow the "team or leave" pill some way or another.

about jumping: we already beat that dead horse plenty. all there is needed is some way to pass gaps (like in shanty town) and not to get hurt from falls below 3 meters, maybe with a roll (as it is i get hurt below 1,5/2,00 meters).

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm 

dgodfather wrote:
I will probably get slammed for this... I feel that AA3 did this well by eliminating jumping. Many will argue that people can run and gun too easy in AA3, but there are many variables to that scenario that are left out in the statements I see in these forums. Without the ability to bunny hop, people have to more carefully make decisions about how to go in solo or work as a team to infiltrate particular areas of the map.

Beat me now.

problem would be rectified with the ability to jump only so many times per so many seconds.

removing the ability to jump over small obstacles isn't realistic, If a solider had to jump over a boulder to escape being shot at or it is in his path the individuals gonna jump over it regardless what drill instructor has put into your skull.

please stop beating this dead horse of a topic.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 pm 

When we see the new version, I'll either be able to say "told you so" or I'll eat my own words. Either way is a win. That's how I see it.

You bunch of fools!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm 

dgodfather wrote:
When we see the new version, I'll either be able to say "told you so" or I'll eat my own words. Either way is a win. That's how I see it.

:roll:

see you on the battlefield, I'll be the one jumping just so you know who to shoot at.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 am 

cannot remember any rocks to jump over, in any case there's the option climb/vault. no need to jump.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

Maffa wrote:
cannot remember any rocks to jump over, in any case there's the option climb/vault. no need to jump.

Here we go again!

There has not been a valid reason given yet for not having jumping in AA.
There are plenty of situations where jumping over a object would be the realistic action or jumping from one object (say a roof) to another but the one and ONLY excuse for not having jumping is Bunny hopping.

We have been over this again and again, they can prevent it and DID fix it in AA2, those who still moan about bunny hopping need to be lined up and publicly executed!

Ive put this argument to several UK soldiers, every time its the same- "were always jumping over things in the field" I also get a laugh when i tell um that people suggest vaulting over objects as low as 1 foot high would be realistic.

I put it to the jury that its the anti jumpers that are guilty of being wrong.
There is a valid place for jumping in AA, i dont want bunny hoppers ether but there not going to come back just because of jumping,
Anyone who claims that bunny hopping was still a problem in 2.8.5 is full of it!

This is real easy to settle and DOC i ask you and the devs to please at least trial it for two weeks-
Jumping exists in AA3 but is not active, it would not be hard for you to release a very very small patch that would include it, after all you did go on about how usefull that ablity was going to be when we were all forced to re download after the steam re organisation.

Have it so server admins can choose to have it or not and run it as a trial for say 2-4 weeks and keep or bin it depending on the result.

The bunny hopper moaners can have there chance to try and proove there case as can the pro jumpers and everyone gets a little variation for a while.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 pm 

Jumping will allow more for potential glitching in maps causing the developers more pain. There you go. Now no more arguments can be made that bunny hopping is the only excuse. It's not necessary to come up with reasons why jumping isn't a good idea based on pro-jumpers user requests. Both sides have stated their points and the Devs have certainly already discussed this and came up with their decision. We will wait and see what they've come up with and live with it either way.

You bunch of fools!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 pm 

jumping without an object to jump is nonsense. You cant jump around, even if it's only a single jump, because this will lead to a misleading evasion action under fire. If jumping is a "situation related" action -you jump/leap because you need to cross over an obstacle- all you need to have is a flag with the situations that would need a vaulting/climbing action, i.e. what we already have.

If you introduce jumping next you will have people tossing grenades while jumping, a scene already seen in CoD, and thank you but no.

If it aint broken, dont fix it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

Maffa wrote:
jumping without an object to jump is nonsense. You cant jump around, even if it's only a single jump, because this will lead to a misleading evasion action under fire. If jumping is a "situation related" action -you jump/leap because you need to cross over an obstacle- all you need to have is a flag with the situations that would need a vaulting/climbing action, i.e. what we already have.

If you introduce jumping next you will have people tossing grenades while jumping, a scene already seen in CoD, and thank you but no.

If it aint broken, dont fix it.

Firstly, i never said anything about wanting to jump up and down on the spot!
secondly, being able to jump and throw a nade is not something ive ever thought about but do not think its the problem your making it out to be, i can see that being usefull for getting the right angle and distance when throwing a nade over a wall at head height, i bet that the real soldiers do that but im not fussed if you cant do anything (even report) when jumping.

Lastly, dont fix it if it aint broken?
AA2 had jumping, it also had a problem with bunny hoppers but a patch in one of the late versions fixed that and bunny hopping became extinct overnight.

so by removing jumping from AA its "fixing something that aint broken"
not by adding it as you claim!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion