Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 12
Why is it when my rifle is shooting it seems to change where its hitting while trying to get 40 head shots? I shoot the same target 3 times in a row, first two shots are dead on, then the third one flies high, happens every time i, getting close to getting expert, and I shoot the signs on the side of the range and the holes are grouped tight, 8 shots in a row.. Really frustrates me, is this a glitch or how do I know when to compensate, broke my 60 dollar mouse on the 90th try. Its driving me mad, any hints.. :evil:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 852
SEALSniper13 wrote:
I shoot the same target 3 times in a row, first two shots are dead on, then the third one flies high, happens every time i, getting close to getting expert,


Have you considerd "aiming low" on 3rd shot.....?

_________________
AMD FX 4100 OC'd @ 5Ghz
XFX HD 5870 OC'd @941/1300
CANCER is the real ENEMY .
MMA Fighters for CANCER
Show my friends some love...
http://www.FightRibbon.com http://www.gjgworldwide.com

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 136
Location: Switzerland
little luck needed...
to hit the farthest targets you need to shoot between 2 pixels, but this is not always the real middle of the head. And a pixel up or down could be a "jump" to far.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:44 pm
Posts: 3835
Location: Gothenborg, SWE
you are aware that you dont need 100% headshots to get the expert rank?
Get headshots on the "safe" targets and get a good hit on the "hard" targets.

_________________
Image Image
Games don't create violence, lag does!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 12
alrighty then new mouse ready and away we go..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Georgia, USA
frankof wrote:
you are aware that you dont need 100% headshots to get the expert rank?
Get headshots on the "safe" targets and get a good hit on the "hard" targets.


In order to qualify expert you only need to hit 36 out of 40 targets and you will earn your expert badge. Try for the head on every shot, and if you miss on your first shot, do not fire another bullet at the same target, just let that one pass and save your bullet for the next one.

_________________
Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:05 am 
Offline
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:10 am
Posts: 3695
White.Meat wrote:
frankof wrote:
you are aware that you dont need 100% headshots to get the expert rank?
Get headshots on the "safe" targets and get a good hit on the "hard" targets.


In order to qualify expert you only need to hit 36 out of 40 targets and you will earn your expert badge. Try for the head on every shot, and if you miss on your first shot, do not fire another bullet at the same target, just let that one pass and save your bullet for the next one.


Those aren't the scoring rules for AA3, still sound advice.

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 12
Yeah Ive hit 40 out of 40 several times, Im guessing center of mass is where to shoot if not trying for a head shot, obviously, you can only have like 2 body hits, am I right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:26 pm 
Offline
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:10 am
Posts: 3695
SEALSniper13 wrote:
Yeah Ive hit 40 out of 40 several times, Im guessing center of mass is where to shoot if not trying for a head shot, obviously, you can only have like 2 body hits, am I right.


Something like that

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniper Qualification
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 136
Location: Switzerland
m_hermann wrote:
SEALSniper13 wrote:
Yeah Ive hit 40 out of 40 several times, Im guessing center of mass is where to shoot if not trying for a head shot, obviously, you can only have like 2 body hits, am I right.


Something like that


... 38 headshots to earn the expert badge.
The other two don't matter where they hit or even if they hit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron