Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA3.3 review
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
i mean what if your best friend in the whole world was lucky enough to get beta? or a family member.. would they still not be allowed to say anything.. even if i could actually witness what they were testing on their monitor screen while they were testing? would they have to game in secrecy? what if his mum or partner found out?

Closed door, wife and kids dont need to see what i do, and if they do, i'll have to kill them, and i dont want that ;)
(before you throw a fit, its a joke, i wont kill them, personally)

On a serious note, its about honor more than legal documents, you simply dont go public on what you know as you given your word not to, easy really.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 am 

frankof wrote:
uni-sol wrote:
i mean what if your best friend in the whole world was lucky enough to get beta? or a family member.. would they still not be allowed to say anything.. even if i could actually witness what they were testing on their monitor screen while they were testing? would they have to game in secrecy? what if his mum or partner found out?

Closed door, wife and kids dont need to see what i do, and if they do, i'll have to kill them, and i dont want that ;)

On a serious note, its about honor more than legal documents, you simply dont go public on what you know as you given your word not to, easy really.

Really Frank? I lock my door and have a loaded shotgun with a sign on the door that says "Testing - Trespassers will be shot on sight"... LOL!!! And that's a joke too as well. And I'll affirm what Frank said. They take the NDA seriously but I'm like Frank. I said I wouldn't talk about it so I don't. Period.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:40 am 

Since yesterday i'm playing with my budy in ARMA 2. It's much more realistic and don't have so many bugs. I think, that i will be back into play in AA 3 when some patches will emerge. I don't report bugs, because i see that most of them has been reported in another Threads. I wish DEV team quick bug repair and please, don't invent new things to the game. I think, that the bugs are a big priority, including this bugs affecting watching someone with the cam, when you are dead or spectator. Especialy in FPP, when graphical glitches appear very often, mostly on weapons. The game mechanics itself should be corrected too, the player camera and character animations are too stiff and i'm sure, that isn't just my opinion about it. Best regards

Last edited by StrikerASD on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 pm 

bf.dfl wrote:
frankof wrote:
uni-sol wrote:

Really Frank? I lock my door and have a loaded shotgun with a sign on the door that says "Testing - Trespassers will be shot on sight"... LOL!!! And that's a joke too as well. And I'll affirm what Frank said. They take the NDA seriously but I'm like Frank. I said I wouldn't talk about it so I don't. Period.

kudos for your guys loyalty, *tips the hat* .. must be real hard to see us squirm, guess and wonder about stuff your playing with huh? :lol:

i now ponder the mindset of a beta tester, may i be one for just one week? pretty please?.. i wont say anything and like you guys will chain the mrs to the kitchen sink (hope she dont read this lol)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 pm 

Just in case some of the people don't read both post concerning this topic I will just copy and paste my statement from AA3.3 first impressions once again in this topic. So if you already read in in the other topic there is no need to read it again :lol:

First of all I want to say that I don't know that much about programming and gamedesign so some of my comments may be incorrect (please correct me then) and second I know that this game is f2p so we all have to accept that it can't be the best game in the world right away.

1. Scopes:
I think I don't have to say much about them. They are just great and give more tactical depth to the game, even if that sometimes means that bridge gets a real sniper battle once in a while.

2.AI/new map
The AI is great for new players and if u just want to play for some kills and it would be even great and interesting for clan-battles if it wouldn't lag all the time. But all in all they are somehow to bad if there is a big team and somehow to good if only like 2 players want to play airfield (not because they are to good in shooting but because there are just to many of them and it really ain't fair if you rejoin and there are standing 3 enemies in front of you). And if there are enough players it's too easy to trick them because if the team makes a lot of noise east 1 or 2 can walk west with the objective without meeting any enemies at all.
So the AI has his good and bad sites but the game changes more to a who can shoot the most Ais game instead of a tactical game.
The new map is ok and the long distances make sniping challenging but the map really looks as if it was build in 1 or 2 days.

3. Glow-sticks/Automatic screams (medic,reload, etc.)
The glow-stick are good for new players and on maps with long distances and so it makes it a little bit easier to get used to the game. But an experienced player doesn't need them.
About the screams: I like them because they make communication more comfortable and make it easier for players without a mic. For all the players who don't like them, they can be deactivated in the audio menu. But nevertheless it would be nice if every player could customize which commands will be shouted and it ain't really realistic that the enemies can't hear them (but that's critic on a really high level )

4. Scoreboard
If you finally get used to the detailed information that is shown it's very good. And the tactics and so on which can be accessed there are very comfortable too.
But now to the real bad thongs:
1. No ping that's really bad for admins who try to keep the server clean.(and if a guy with 900 pings joins in it really kills the server).

2. Not possible to see which friendlies are dead but instead you can see all the roles of the enemies. That is a joke and decreases realism instead of increasing it and makes the game easier.
If player a and b are on the e team, both with different favoured hidingpoints as vip, and you know which of them is the vip it makes the hunt far easier. Same with the kills you can see on the scoreboard right away. If you shoot someone over the whole map you simply have to look on the scoreboard to know if he is dead and that ain't realistic, too.(don't know whether that can be changed in server settings)

3. To integrate it in the steamoverlay is a bad idea too. It's uncomfortable and doesn't work for quite a few people.

My final critic point is that there are still the same bugs in the game as in 3.0. Instead of changing things that worked good before it would be better to change the things which do NOT work.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm 

After playing with this version a very little bit... I freed up 4 gigs on my hard drive.

Looking forward to AA4.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm 

all i know is this patch was screwed up from that start and all the army says is well thats what you get so live with it. i think its time to move past aa3 and move on to other games.

LET AA3 DIE ONCE AND FOR ALL

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 pm 

StrikerASD wrote:
Since yesterday i'm playing with my budy in ARMA 2.

Welcome to the club.
If you liked Arma2, then you should try Project Reality:Arma2 mod and ACE mod (check YT videos). I can't get enoguh of it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 pm 

pipes_o5 wrote:
all i know is this patch was screwed up from that start and all the army says is well thats what you get so live with it. i think its time to move past aa3 and move on to other games.

LET AA3 DIE ONCE AND FOR ALL

Props to you, well said.

See you in battlefield 3.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:16 pm 

lets give a big bravo to the devs.....poor dummies they will put this game down.
all the hardcore players i know said theyl leave soon,like me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion