Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA3.3 review
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:40 pm 

woodromw wrote:
You have "COMPLETELY" missed the point i was making....
It has absolutely "NOTHING" to do with Strykers' actions or comments...it was/is your in-ability to discuss the "issue" at hand ..WithOut resulting to beligerance....

Can we please keep this on "topic"...
The Game...?

I didn't come here to fight words with you..i came here to discuss the GAME...

Reactions such as yours is exactly why we cant get anything done...anywhere....in this forum,or on this planet...

Please. Never once did I get "belligerent" with him. And I stayed on the topic that he started, which was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs. So don't direct your righteousness at me. Reactions such as YOURS are exactly why no CONSTRUCTIVE responses ever happen here. You're jumping on the wrong bandwagon, pumpkin. Again, unless you believe it's OK to trash the Devs' professionalism. If that's the case, then please go back on your original view that it's not worth conversing with me. Cause you aren't going to swing me to your viewpoint.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 pm 

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:
woodromw wrote:
You have "COMPLETELY" missed the point i was making....
It has absolutely "NOTHING" to do with Strykers' actions or comments...it was/is your in-ability to discuss the "issue" at hand ..WithOut resulting to beligerance....

Can we please keep this on "topic"...
The Game...?

I didn't come here to fight words with you..i came here to discuss the GAME...

Reactions such as yours is exactly why we cant get anything done...anywhere....in this forum,or on this planet...

Please. Never once did I get "belligerent" with him. And I stayed on the topic that he started, which was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs. So don't direct your righteousness at me. Reactions such as YOURS are exactly why no CONSTRUCTIVE responses ever happen here. You're jumping on the wrong bandwagon, pumpkin. Again, unless you believe it's OK to trash the Devs' professionalism. If that's the case, then please go back on your original view that it's not worth conversing with me. Cause you aren't going to swing me to your viewpoint.

O my....you just don't get it...at all....
Are you seriously gonna sit there behind your keyboard and tell everyone you were NOT being hostile/assertive towards him?

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:
"..Unfortunately, there's not a button to fix your pathetic attitude."

...or perhaps.....

"But you know, there are about a dozen of you "regulars" on these forums who would make this a much nicer, much more constructive place if you actually followed through on your threats to abandon this game. Why haven't any of you done it yet?

This in regards to the "topic"..? At no point do "I" anywhere see him attack you directly..nowhere...Do you? NOPE.
After carefully reading his entire post/review/opinion...I cant seem to find him speaking directly to you....at all.
I was under the impression the "topic" was AA3.3 Review
He gave his opinion...

Than you come at me with this...?
[/quote]
And I stayed on the topic that he started, which was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs.So don't direct your righteousness at me.[/quote]

The topic is AA3.3 review..he gave an opinion...
righteousness..? Seriously?...Do i appear more Holy than Tho..or free from guilt or sin..in my post?
No..what you may see is that i am "justifiable" in my statements.

And last but certanly not least...you stated he was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs.....?

"Harsh" is what i stated earlier..they have the same tools as other developers useing the Unreal Engine...so why do they do a terrrible job at this game when the 2 games i mentioned before seem to have very little issues with the games/engine.

And you consider my statements Non-Constructive...
Bandwagon...?
Pumpkin...?
What are you ..trying out for the Fruity Loops AllStar Garage Band...?
Pumpkin....?
Seriously ..Pumpkin.....?
You have shown me and everyone on this topic...you cannot carry on a simple conversation.....

So say what you will...and we all have seen what that will boil down to....
Insults..and Babble....

If your gonna come after me O' PapaBear.... bring a dictionary....

I love repeat offenders....so predictable....and easily manipulated.

The stage is yours my friend...enjoy it...im done with you....

MMA Fighters for CANCER
Show my friends some love...
http://www.FightRibbon.com http://www.gjgworldwide.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:35 pm 

woodromw wrote:

Are you seriously gonna sit there behind your keyboard and tell everyone you were NOT being hostile/assertive towards him?

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:

...or perhaps.....

"But you know, there are about a dozen of you "regulars" on these forums who would make this a much nicer, much more constructive place if you actually followed through on your threats to abandon this game. Why haven't any of you done it yet?

This in regards to the "topic"..? At no point do "I" anywhere see him attack you directly..nowhere...Do you? NOPE.
After carefully reading his entire post/review/opinion...I cant seem to find him speaking directly to you....at all.
He gave his opinion...

And I stayed on the topic that he started, which was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs.So don't direct your righteousness at me.
righteousness..? Seriously?...Do i appear more Holy than Tho..or free from guilt or sin..in my post?

And last but certanly not least...you stated he was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs.....?

"Harsh" is what i stated earlier..they have the same tools as other developers useing the Unreal Engine...so why do they do a terrrible job at this game when the 2 games i mentioned before seem to have very little issues with the games/engine.

Bandwagon...?
Pumpkin...?
Pumpkin....?
You have shown me and everyone on this topic...you cannot carry on a simple conversation.....

Insults..and Babble....

Sir your post has more periods in it than the average high school textbook.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 pm 

The devs had a job to do and completely screwed up. When you do a [TOS Violation] poor job you get fired and I hope they do. They had their chance, give someone else a chance to fix it before they just bleep it up more

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 am 

Ok, so I just remembered that I had to download the new version and so I did. Once it finished, I jumped right to action, Bridge AI...I cant emphasize enough how confused I was!! Right from the beginning I was getting shot at while loading the mag!!

I didnt play for long, but that's because I had lots of ping on that server and it's late here. It was fun, I guess, hehe.

One question though: Has the damage system been tweaked a bit? The bots, at least, go down with fewer shots that my previous human opponents. I didnt have time to test this on human players.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:06 am 

I could totally take all the changes, even the glitches, but the stupid pop-up scoreboard? NO. how is that an improvement at all?? It isn't, it just interrupts everything, like typing, choosing your next role, etc. It's just not efficient, and definitely worse than the original scoreboard.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 am 
Fireworks Fanatic

I like the way you can use the AI to your advantage. I think being able to complete the objective by using teamwork and tactics is what is intended with the new modes, simply sitting and shooting AI as they spawn does not seem too challenging to me.

I would not expect to have the bots fighting for my side but I can get them to do it with a little strategy. Placing them between my team and the OPFOR is a pretty clever thing to be able to do. I also like the tactical notes provided.

I like the new score board, being able to rapidly check my stats, last longest shot, percentage of hits to specific body areas, and all the rest that is available from the scoreboard is pretty amazing to me.

I'm sure the Developers don't have a billion dollar budget to spend on every detail. I would expect that if the truth be known we would be surprised at what is accomplished with the resources available to them. But then I don't usually criticize the work of others when I benefit from their effort and labor for free. I think that every game has its pro's and con's and this game is no different.

I have read these posts for years and with few exceptions find that the demeanor to be harsh, ungrateful, and rude. Perhaps a word of encouragement to the people that spend countless hours working on your "Free" game would be cool but perhaps a bit out of character for many here.

I would humbly suggest to all that are so unhappy with the results of the work put into this game. All of those that are so skilled at developing first person shooters make a serious effort to improve the game you claim to love by submitting a list of things you feel would improve the game and the technical description of exactly how to do it.
I'm sure the developers would love to receive all the vast knowledge you possess and your invaluable insight into how to correct their terrible mistakes. Since you are so vastly superior to them in the area of game development, take them under your wing and help with all the areas you are expert in. I for one would really appreciate this. If you truly love the game so much it is a small thing to ask. Maybe a new forum entry where you can start the list of problems and your detailed solutions would be a good place to start.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am 

woodromw wrote:
PapaBear=VX9= wrote:

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:

...or perhaps.....

He gave his opinion...

And I stayed on the topic that he started, which was unnecessarily harsh bashing of the Devs.So don't direct your righteousness at me.

Bandwagon...?
Pumpkin...?
Pumpkin....?

Insults..and Babble....

oh lawd this post
i'm dying

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 am 

my two cents about the patch.

New content! YaY, especially a new map and two new scopes plus AI bots.
Bugs are back! Boo
Lagg is terrbile on airfield, but I have no doubt the Devs can optimize it.
New scoreboard is rather bothersome, rather have all the information tucked under F10 or some other key and the old one back.

Would like to offer more constructive criticism soon.
Get going Devs, I know you've got a lot of work to do.
RB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 am 

So,i'm gonna say it once more,just to make clear that this topic is about our opinion on 3.3 and not on PapaBear vs everyone who doesn't like the update
Please everybody stay ON topic.
Do you like the patch?Cool,say why and don't argue with some other guys that don't like it!
I personaly managed to post some things i like and some things i don't,i know the devs don't have billions of $$$ in order to make this game(at least that's what i hope :P ) ,but after 3 years that AA3 is out (it's 3 years,right ? ) they should have fixed many things!Also,they shouldn't have touched the scoreboard,the new stats and stuff they put are cool,but when it pops up it interrups everything,from changing roles,to typing in game.Also,if i want to quickly check the enemies' deaths while i play i have to spent like 10 secs to load the scoreboard,scroll scroll,and then exit steam :P And NO PING ??? That's the end of the world,some people just want to watch the world burn.WHY?How do we know who is the high pinger?
At least the game runs smoothier!

Someone reply now,is it just me or the COOP missions lag a lot?

Playing AA3 and/or AA:PG

PM here, or email @ icyzhd@gmail.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion