Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Is AA3 dead?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:29 am 

coop as in Airport? who knows it was next to unplayable with the amount of Lag or whatever it was

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:31 am 

Coop was not an experience I enjoyed in AA3. AA2 had that right.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:06 pm 

it was one of those things you thought will have been awesome, it sounded it anyway on the hype and release notes! adding an extra element to gameplay, another means of working together and bringing a sense of teamwork.. but then we got it, and tbh it wasnt all that great at all. the AI were silly accurate, but somehow still easy to rack up multiple kills, some were damn invulnerable.. they also sometimes didnt move around all that convincingly.

they also went for a Medevac thing, where you could choose to respawn after so long.. which was actually the best part about the update as you didnt have to wait too long to get back in if you died, on a bot map thats quite important otherwise the risk of dying to laser accurate AI would have been too much a bitter pill to swallow and definitely would have killed the whole AI/CO-OP thing for many.

iirc there was a patch after that removed all the 'coming soon' things all over the UI that we were waiting patiently for, for like forever :lol: i guess that was when i sorta knew the game was going to be left to fester and its initial scope would never see the light of a 'public players' day.

sadly no amount of begging ever got us any answers to the burning questions on almost all AA3 players lips.. what were all the things that were 'coming soon' actually going to be?

i speculate AA3 was neglected in such a way not because of crap devs, money, time or anything like that.. i think AA3 was supposed to be near completed when they released it and for whatever reasons it wasnt, so new devs were lumped with a game they didnt build.
when AA on the whole moved to a new location they started making AAPG with a bunch of newly hired developers (ya know, the present ones, hi there!). i think they were trying to fix things on somebody elses work (AA3) which is likely why AA3 was like it was and we never got to see what might have been.

anyone can feel free to correct me if im wrong, thats how we learn the truth and have no need to speculate :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:10 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
the AI were silly accurate

Im not going to say to much about it, but they were anything but accurate, mostly they couldn't hit a barn wall, from inside the barn.
The only thing about the AI was that they had unlimited magazines, with enough lead in the air your bound to hit something, eventually.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm 

frankof wrote:
Im not going to say to much about it, but they were anything but accurate, mostly they couldn't hit a barn wall, from inside the barn.
The only thing about the AI was that they had unlimited magazines, with enough lead in the air your bound to hit something, eventually.

that's awesome couldn't hit the barn wall from within the barn lol

aa2 ai was ok to play lots to kill and they never stop coming at you good for muscle memory

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:04 pm 

I still remember the day the AA community found out the original DEVs were gone. PIE was sorely missed.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 pm 

M.Carter wrote:
I still remember the day the AA community found out the original DEVs were gone. PIE was sorely missed.

Didn't PIE also work on AA3? I remember a dev video from it...there was a guy with the symbol of the number pi on his shirt :lol: must've been him.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am 

Looking at the players numbes on SteamCharts, it looks to me that both AA3 and AAPG have a low number of players.

If you are interested in getting back to what the original AA was, then check out AA2.5 Assist at http://aao25.com/

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am 

avguste wrote:

What is that, never heard of it....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 pm 

Altan_AA wrote:
How important is the coop maps to the AA3 experience?

The cooperative missions in AA3 were quite awful for a reason: respawn. The bots respawn every few seconds and that makes it feel like shooting a wave of brainless people. Time consuming, not much fun, and really repetitive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion