Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Is AA3 dead?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 am 

I thought that all players had moved on.
But according battletracker.com there was 54 players, and the number was the same when I looked in my AA3 client.

If you didn't know this, here is some news for you:

All AA3 Maps Available for AAPG:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15452

All AA3 Maps Available for AA2:
http://aao25.com

I've been told that the AA3 maps for AAPG has way better performance than the original.

There will be a new release soon(matter of hours).

What is it that keeps you on AA3?

Post subject: Re: Is AA3 dead?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:08 am 

Altan_AA wrote:
What is it that keeps you on AA3?

Force of habit i guess, and the two games aren't 100% identical so it could be a mater of taste as well.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 am 

I never saw a server running those AA3 maps in PG. I still play AA3...it's harder than PG. I prefer the medic/damage system of AA3/2. In PG you can revive too often and heal yourself on most servers and being low on HP doesn't really affect your aim, movement speed etc. like in AA3/2. Also, no NME weapons etc. the list goes on and on, wip audio. PG is still too much beta to enjoy it more than AA3 for me.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:22 am 

What is AA3?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 am 

TrIn@dOr wrote:
What is AA3?

observation over a matter of years tells me AA3 is the game that never got a fair crack at being or becoming successful because of both an ill timed release and unhappy AA2 lovers unwilling to part ways with their happy marriage. as such, it never recovered or was ever seemingly given the chance to. development to fix what was broken was sooo slow it was painful, new content was scarce and often broken when we finally got it, then on top of all that.. they stopped developing it.

i thought i was the only guy here that actually enjoyed the game for what it was, saw past its shortcomings and would have liked to see it become a bigger more successful game than it was..

i actually get sad thinking about what might have been.. so much promise.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:03 am 

I hope the Dev's take all the AA3 maps you just finished and make them official. I honestly think it would be of great help for the game. Never hurts to have extra content...NEVER!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 am 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
I hope the Dev's take all the AA3 maps you just finished and make them official. I honestly think it would be of great help for the game. Never hurts to have extra content...NEVER!

They should really do that. I just looked at the video that shows all his conversions and they look good from what I can tell. Of course you would have to check for bugs/glitches first.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 am 

uni-sol wrote:
i thought i was the only guy here that actually enjoyed the game for what it was, saw past its shortcomings and would have liked to see it become a bigger more successful game than it was..

i actually get sad thinking about what might have been.. so much promise.

You are not alone. :) In some ways AA3 will always be a standard for me. My digging in the game files has proven the massive potential of that game. Such a waste...

I'd be happy to see it's content back, but first of as I'd like to the the VIP and the M320 back. Maps can be made by us, but not these things.

By the way, is there any way to run Altan's maps on a server, what shows up on the server list?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:03 am 

AA3 was AA2's spin off of Arma. It was a realism game with the background of AA2 and many really like that. While the maps ported over to AAPG is a great contribution, the environment variables presented in AAPG does not cater to the flavor at this point in time.

I agree with Wolverine that these ports should get a bit of dev polish and be included in AAPG (along with Wolverine's CSAR mod). They really need to take more advantage of the mission editor and free content from the community. I'd at least drop in every now and then for some nostalgia if that became a reality.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 am 

How important is the coop maps to the AA3 experience?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion