Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: AA3 is a better game than AA:PG
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:12 pm 

AA3 to me will always be the better game.... nothing compares to it.... just wish we could get a source for it with an agreement that all Army and AA3 trademarks be removed and we can rename it something else, but let it live on with indie developments

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:30 am 

AA3 is nice....except for the 500289 bugs.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am 

I had some fun with it. It could have been a good game. The whole time was really spent on trying to fix it after the day one release. Had it run as smoothly when it was released as (so to speak) AAPG, it would be a hit today. It had some of the same netcode and rubber bullet issues this game has (along with numerous other problems), but it does sooo much better than AAPG with all of the weapon/item mechanics, damage models, game modes, maps, etc. AA3 looks a bit better than AAPG too. I wish it had the chance it truly deserved. Client side makes AAPG a bust IMO. It's their way of making the game appear to run smoother than it is. Probably the best part about AAPG is that it brings back some old players, but the game isn't all that entertaining quite frankly.

It's beta. We'll see how it is this time next year. Here's to hoping for the best, but anticipating mediocrity.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 am 

Last edited by 2K20GB4 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:34 pm 

AA3 graphics/sound/ + AAPG gameplay like movements/handling = Rocking Game

Personal for me AA3 had a great realism feeling, but in these years of AA3 i had one big problem , i had no good controle feeling with my ingame soldier, it was hard to feel as ONE

AAPG has just opend his book and its fresh,new and it can go anywhere, i think its start pretty well as a game what still is in Beta

There are alot great ideas, feedback from everyone, but the mind is always faster :wink:

So is AA3 better then AAPG ?

Think you never can say , there complete two diffrend games
AA3 has some things better as AAPG
AAPG has some things better then AA3

But AAPG will be rocking, its on a good way :mrgreen:

(V) (',,') (V)

TO DO IS TO BE, TO BE IS TO DO, DO BE DO BE DO

Pipeline

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:22 am 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm 

Is there still any potential for PG to change drastically? It's open beta but it seems to have a relatively set path. Will there be a transition from an open beta to a final product? To enjoy proving grounds all you have to do is ignore the two words "America's Army" in the title. AA4 is a step in a different direction from them both. 2 and 3 were much more realistic but still playable and fun. However, as the devs have said, PG isn't meant to be realistic... which takes away from what "America's Army" was supposed to be. . . Seriously, ESP enemy spots? Really? you can't kill downed E's and you get points for everything you do or SEE happen? I could go on about it (and people already have), but for now AA3 was a better game, but Proving grounds is a good game to. Just maybe not right for AA. I'd rather have mandatory training missions than a game that's all supposed to be about training. Too bad AA3/2 is pretty much dead :(

I'd like to know too however, what were the plans for AA3 and why were they scrapped? AA has posted videos more than a year or two ago about future features of AA3 that really happened.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 pm 

My observation of it:

AA3 was a product they could never move forward with. While it did contain content updates the foundation in which the game was developed was poorly written. Update after update it was more of a lateral move. It was a constant struggle to do something new without breaking something else. They would fix things here and it would break things there. The team could not fix all of the problems and it has essentially been abandoned.

They wrote the code for AAPG from the ground up learning from the mistakes of AA3, but in my opinion haven't delivered a product comparable to any previous version. AAPG isn't bad, it just doesn't have a wow factor. Right now it's like a lot of other games.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion