Board index » America's Army - General » R&R

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Well guys, we had a good run...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm 

Bit Cloud wrote:
Hai guise

hai2bit

saw there was a new version of AA out. figured i'd give it a try and see how it's fairing these days. 8-)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 am 

after trying the new version, the only real conclusion i come to is that America's Army 2 was far superior game.

aa3 is almost fun. but it's bogged down by a poorly utilized engine, clumsy controls, and a lack of communication. given the nature of the game, and the reasons it was created in the first place, i've drawn the conclusion that the previous game was a much better execution of those motivations.

i have a hard time seeing AA3 being taken seriously as a training tool. it's far from entertainment, and it doesn't seem to be good for much else.

i certainly lament the days gone by. days spent playing such beloved maps as pipeline, or bridge, or even weapons cache. some of those maps live on, but distorted and twisted, like a reflection in a muddy creek. the internet is a great, many, thing to a great and many people. it is instant in almost all manner of being. like all things in life, communities have their cycle. they are born, nurtured, and grow. they live their lives, share their joys, and like all things, grow old, eventually.

the america's army project is certainly not dead, but it has moved on to a different phase of it's life. one that i no longer wish to be a part of. maybe some day the game will be good again. i have hope for that day. i will wait for that day. but not here.

farewell my comrades in arms.
farewell my compadres in jokes.
farewell Amish, wherever you are.
farewell my beloved R&R.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:03 am 

That was very dramatic.

Pipeline was always the best map.

v1.x was better.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 am 

AA2 was only as good as it was because nothing else was like it, it was top of the range fps for that generation, for those times.. when something is so groundbreaking its bound to be popular and loved.

AA3 came along after many new fps games, computers and graphics in general have all gotten a crap ton better. that is why i believe it to be so common when ppl are saying AA3 is not as good as AA2.

AA3 never stood a chance when people compared it to modern warfare or battlefield. and die hard AA2 fans were looking for the next FREE groundbreaking fps.

do you really think a rehashed, upgraded exact gameplay style replica of AA2 would do any better than AA3 has? if you think that your deluded. in a world of many new game choices, virtually every other month a new one comes out, AA (as a genre) has dropped down to near bottom of the list of sought after fps titles, it wouldnt surprise me if since AA3 came out a new generation of kids for that time have even heard of the game!

its quite a sad story really. like when a celebrity gets to old for parts in new movies, they just get dropped and forgotten. only in memories of the generation that remembered them for what they once were.

it will take a miracle for AA to ever be as popular as AA2 was. i/we can only hope that what we now have coming up (AA4?) is as groundbreaking. or its just going to be another AA3 with a couple hundred at most players who have been here from the days of AA2, when the game was on top.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 am 

There is still nothing like AA2. The COD games are nothing like it. AA3 sucks though. There's multiple reasons for this, such as the graphics are nowhere near good enough. At least on my system, which I can max pretty much every game out and have a good frame rate, but on AA3 I can't even set up the resolution correctly to fill my tv that I use as a monitor. Also 2x ACOGS? Seriously?

Lets face it. The Army hasn't needed a recruiting tool in YEARS. That's a fact. Hell they don't even need to offer decent reenlistment bonuses anymore. Americas Army is dead as a recruiting tool, therefore it is a dead as a game.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:00 pm 

It is disappointing to see participation drop. I've been away supporting other projects, programs, and sustaining those efforts. One can only hope that AA can reinvigorate this franchise by listening to its player base. Crossing my fingers, hoping on a prayer for this community.

Closed Beta Tester for World of Tanks & World of Warplanes

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 am 

Oreos yes they count now.

I'll see if we can get it turned off lol.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm 

Silent^Reaper wrote:
Oreos yes they count now.

I'll see if we can get it turned off lol.

I shall, therefore, cite this as the one and only reason for the decline of R&R and the game based upon it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 am 

Rent wrote:
..Pipeline was always the best map...

Stop the beer!
JRTC Farm and that bollocks base in the woods, HQ Raid was it?

/senile

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm 

Oden, while I was toodling around in California, I saw a sign that said "Oden St"
But I forgot to get a picture.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » America's Army - General » R&R