Board index » America's Army - General » R&R

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm not dead... (yet)
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:47 pm 
Beta Tester - Where in AA3 Winner

Been a few years since I've posted on here. Saw a post on the official AA Facebook page about a new patch, followed a link in to the forum, and was pleasantly surprised to find that my account was still here and I remembered my password.

For those of you who are new here, I was a moderator for a long time, did a brief stint as an AACM, have worked on or run several AA/shooter centric community websites. Some of you may know me as OEF_XR, tehxr, or just XR.

Haven't played AA since I was an AACM, years ago. At the time I stepped down from that role in 2007, I stepped away from AA in general to focus my time and efforts on finishing my degree and family.

That ultimately paid off. Got married a little over a year after that, finished college 2 years later, and started my current job as a DEV in 2010. No, I don't work on sweet games or write software for the defense sector, but chances are your life has been impacted by the software I work on, particularly if you bought a home or are a mortgage banker in the US.

Don't do a ton of gaming these days, but when I do, it's on the PS3. I don't maintain a powerful PC rig anymore. Too expensive to keep up, and after spending all day staring at code, the last thing I want to do is sit at my home computer.

Anyhow, so who all is still hanging around? Be good to exchange contact info, keep in touch.

Last edited by -=XR=- on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I'm not dead... (yet)
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:04 pm 

Btw, hacked that out on my cell, and me and swype/autocorrect don't get along.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:49 pm 

Hi, welcome back :mrgreen:

most others of your 'time' will have no doubt left along with AA2 unfortunately, but i would assume there's lots of folks you know that are still here, just not as active as perhaps they were once upon a time.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
Hi, welcome back :mrgreen:

most others of your 'time' will have no doubt left along with AA2 unfortunately, but i would assume there's lots of folks you know that are still here, just not as active as perhaps they were once upon a time.

"Others of yoyr time..." Man, had to make me feel like some sorta relic there. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:50 pm 

yeah, my bad (now i have actually read my post back).. i often post things that come straight from the brain to the fingers without thinking too much about what it reads like or how it may be construed.. in this case at least i didn't read back what i wrote before hitting submit.

could have worded that whole sentence there a little better, no offence meant :oops:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:34 am 

Nah, you are probably not capable of offending me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - General » R&R