Board index » America's Army - General » R&R

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: R&R Official: Computer Help Thread
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:07 pm 
AACM
AACM

Honestly a good quality copper block cooler will give you similar thermal reduction without the worry of turning your yummy new system in to a paddling pool.

Also the pump and gurgle noise can be a real pain

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:02 pm 

i will take it on board, i have always been against any sort of water option myself to be honest, it never made any sense to me how people can sanely mix electricity and water in the same space, but now im thinking for how long water cooling has been a thing, i would assume it safe enough to go that route, without fear of a leak :lol:

also to add.. the ones i have seen so far mention uber silent operation, yet theres still a fan blowing onto a radiator! i know fans can be quite quiet but there certainly never silent.. anyways, i shall be sure to look at most options when its gets closer to the day i go fetch.. the thing im finding with building my new rig so far is actually settling on something concrete, for example ive been up and down on the idea of actually going for the i7 afterall and just saving myself (quite a lot) by going for the i5.

i obviously want it kinda future proofed, at least for a fair few years if possible.. its just figuring out whether an i7 actually justifies the extra expense and wondering if the i5 option will last them few years, the money saved could go to something else like having 16GB of Ram instead of 8, i could even get a new GPU if i went for the i5, and sold my current one on the bay/gumtree.

theres just too many options if im honest.. im like a kid in a sweetshop, just cant settle on what i want, everywhere i have read things on forums about various setups, comparisons, not to mention all them hardware review sites etc.. there all conflicting, mixed and very confusing :lol:

anyway i thank for the advice fellas, its mucho appreciated.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:25 pm 

-Nero- wrote:
Don't be afraid leaking water with this solution ;)

i missed that post, that is one crazy build, but very cool :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 pm 

Enclosed water is still better than high end air for the same price,problem with high end air coolers is the design of the cooler fins makes usage of ram with decent cooling on it almost impossible to use,
You void your ram warranty by removing it's cooling fins to fit it under the air cooler as i did with my previous noctua nhd 14 and corsair dominator memory sticks.

in my current build i use corsair h 105 due to the 240 mm rad being the biggest that fits in my case the bright side is you have no more mem stick and other space problems that come with air coolers.
If noise is a problem you have to invest in silent coolers from start specially replace the factory coolers that come with the enclosed water rad some of them spin over 2000 rpm making your living room into an airport.

here is a funny vid about what is possible with enclosed water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbpb23yTK8

Image Image

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:47 pm 

Have you seen my stats, on my computer build thread, about how cool my i7-4790k runs OCed @ 4.4 with a Corsair Hydro Liquid Cooler? It's a no-brainer. Easy to install. Frees up space around Mobo. No fins to get cut from. Easier cable management. Ultra quiet! I got the 120mm so it would fit in the rear case fan position.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:46 pm 

what your guys thoughts on O/S for new builds?

if your me do you go for tried and tested Windows 7 (which im swaying toward), or risk it for a biscuit and delve into the newer Windows 8?

note, i wont be needing any fancy 'touch' functions but im not sure if Win 8 over time has got better than Win 7..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Board index » America's Army - General » R&R