Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 510
Location: /dev/null
I think combining "Enemy Spotted"-function with the "Fire"-function is not as important as MouseY/X Axis changes while firing.

_________________
If Ray works, it will work!
Linux is like a wigwam: No windows, no gates, apache inside.
No trespassing! Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:57 am
Posts: 54
Location: Good old Germany
Would be nice to know which ini variable have been locked, so server admins can disable cvars for it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm
Posts: 369
[Dev]DeltaKilo wrote:

Added a notification to the loading screen for when a long load may be required for rebuilding shaders (only applies to user made maps)

Thanks a lot, amazing! The other are very good as well, but this has to be my favorite - maybe tied with the removal of autospotting.

Anyone could explain me, what is the 'recoil issue' (here, on in PM)? Did some keybinds cause the lack of visible recoil in spectator mode?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:44 pm
Posts: 3835
Location: Gothenborg, SWE
=]ES[=H3!!Y=]DE[= wrote:
Would be nice to know which ini variable have been locked, so server admins can disable cvars for it.

Look at it from a different view, if you know a CVAR check that actually works and does what you think, report it to the dev's to have it fixed, remove the rest.
Coming up with redundant cvar checks "just because" is waste of time.

_________________
Image Image
Games don't create violence, lag does!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Czervenia
i think the issue was people were binding muliple things such as hold breath, possibly a hefty sensitivity decrease too, to something like when you ADS, so that it almost eliminates recoil.

could be wrong, but thats kinda how i imagine they do it.

thanks for the update :mrgreen:

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:05 pm
Posts: 431
uni-sol wrote:
i think the issue was people were binding muliple things such as hold breath, possibly a hefty sensitivity decrease too, to something like when you ADS, so that it almost eliminates recoil.

could be wrong, but thats kinda how i imagine they do it.


I heard through the grapevine that the keybinds were going beyond what you listed :shock: but we don't want anyone to know even if it's a mute point now.

_________________
"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
― Sun Tzu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 pm
Posts: 1
Excellent update, thanks devs!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:57 am
Posts: 54
Location: Good old Germany
frankof wrote:
=]ES[=H3!!Y=]DE[= wrote:
Would be nice to know which ini variable have been locked, so server admins can disable cvars for it.

Look at it from a different view, if you know a CVAR check that actually works and does what you think, report it to the dev's to have it fixed, remove the rest.
Coming up with redundant cvar checks "just because" is waste of time.



You misunderstood me mate. I ment If I would know which variables have been locked, I can check if iam running useless cvars now on my server, because we are running 4 servers actually.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am
Posts: 2575
=]ES[=H3!!Y=]DE[= wrote:
frankof wrote:
=]ES[=H3!!Y=]DE[= wrote:
Would be nice to know which ini variable have been locked, so server admins can disable cvars for it.

Look at it from a different view, if you know a CVAR check that actually works and does what you think, report it to the dev's to have it fixed, remove the rest.
Coming up with redundant cvar checks "just because" is waste of time.



You misunderstood me mate. I ment If I would know which variables have been locked, I can check if iam running useless cvars now on my server, because we are running 4 servers actually.

cvars are useless anyway lol

_________________
eelslap.com

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Small Patch released 4/9/2015
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 am
Posts: 1512
uni-sol wrote:
i think the issue was people were binding muliple things such as hold breath, possibly a hefty sensitivity decrease too, to something like when you ADS, so that it almost eliminates recoil.

could be wrong, but thats kinda how i imagine they do it.

thanks for the update :mrgreen:

While those may have also been disabled, they're totally unrelated to the low recoil bind.

Hold breath only affects sway. Sway doesn't play any role while firing, so hold breath has never affected recoil.

Similarly, sensitivity changes don't affect recoil. The in-game weapon behavior doesn't care how far your mouse moved.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron