Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Release Notes - 23 Oct 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:47 pm 

I've always found the client server browser to be a complete mess.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:27 pm 

The changes to intercept are awesome. I didn't think the beautiful mapwork would be scaled back. Just in time for the league matches tonight!

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:01 pm 

jeee wrote:
The changes to intercept are awesome. I didn't think the beautiful mapwork would be scaled back. Just in time for the league matches tonight!

I have to agree. Intercept is about to become a VERY popular map imo. With the performance increase and a few community suggestions implemented, it is imo the best stock map in game. (BDK junkie though :))

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:37 pm 

Perhaps a post should be started on what the community feels could make Redline more playable as clearly a lot of work was put into the map.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:10 pm 

i also find it really sad Redline dont get much loving.. personally i think the map is great fun to play, both C4 FLO and flag BDX.. yet whenever it comes up in rotation its usually swapped to either inner hospital or downtown :(

.. i always vote no!

i also think intercept looked better before.. performance issues aside.. i dont mind how it looks now though :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:19 pm 

Suggested changes for Red Line (along with a few other maps) have come up in the past. Word back at the time, I think, was that the relevant Devs were busy with other projects. No idea if the situation's any different now.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
i also find it really sad Redline dont get much loving.. personally i think the map is great fun to play, both C4 FLO and flag BDX.. yet whenever it comes up in rotation its usually swapped to either inner hospital or downtown :(

.. i always vote no!

i also think intercept looked better before.. performance issues aside.. i dont mind how it looks now though :mrgreen:

Redline C4 may just be the worst map in the regular FLO rotation. The bomb timer is just way too short for a map of that size. The flag version is actually somewhat playable.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm 

im not too concerned over the bomb timer, the aim is to stop it being planted in the first place.. if it does then thats when the assult team should have the upper hand.

the only nark i have with Redline C4 is that i feel assault have a massive advantage over defence at the upper plant site. basically an assualt team rushing upper objective generally has more vantage points to stop defence setting up there well enough to defend the plant site. this is coming from my own experiences anyway, id love to know official stats on which plantsite gets the most obj completed though, id be willing to bet upper has the most for reasons stated.

obviously the platform site (lower) is a lot harder, being open from almost all angles with lots of cover for either team.

you guys know surely better than i do anyway, i certainly dont claim to know the maps in and out perfectly.. i generally just run around killing things that move and hoping the rest of my team follows suit :lol: you guys play competitively and learn timings, strats and other useful things someone like me dont really care about.. i could care less about points accrued.. things like that, i just want to shoot other people before i get shot :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 pm 

Good job on the changelog DEVs. I'm digging the patch, but couldn't play for too long. That 10 min ban has already affected me and it wasn't initiated by a player. lol I get auto kicked when map changes sometimes because I "failed to login to server". So I get auto kicked. 10 minute automatic wait for me. lol :((.. Like some have said it will be abused to its fullest extent. A better route to take with that 10 min ban would be to make it take effect after the player has been kicked for the second time within a certain amount of time, match, or specific reason. So if they get kicked twice that's when they get banned for 10 minutes or however long. I've seen players get kicked way too many times because they were idle for a sec, because they are new, because they are last and don't know what to do. lol We all gotta get up to take a leak at some point right? New players gotta start somewhere.... Yeah an alternative would be to join a new server but not when all your m8s are in the server you was just banned from.

HOOAH

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

So glad to hear about the foliage. Good updates guys. Thanks for making this a great game to play. And it is fantastic about the bans!!! Well Done!! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements